Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default few questins before i jump ship from the Pre

if anyone with an evo can answer these questions before i jump ship i would appriciate it:
    1. is there a way or app that lets you view several email accounts (pop and exchange) in one page/location?
    2. same as above for calendar?

thank you
    Last edited by Big D5; 08-20-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Fix Title was confusing me.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by ercsliberty View Post
    if anyone with an evo can answer these questions before i jump ship i would appriciate it:
    1. is there a way or app that lets you view several email accounts (pop and exchange) in one page/location?
    2. same as above for calendar?

thank you
    Yes too both.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Jump ship

Default HTC calendar widget on the EVO lets me view the gmail calendars of my wife and myself simultaneously.

Jump!

Since Sprint allows you try to it for 30 days and you're interested? Why ask? Give it a shot and see what you think.

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

There is no trial for current customers. If you buy it and return it then you will pay a $35.00 restocking fee.

Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    There is no trial for current customers. If you buy it and return it then you will pay a $35.00 restocking fee.
    That's why you never ever buy from a sprint store buy it from radio shack no stupid mail in rebate and no restocking fees and you still have the 30 day trial even if your an existing customer.

Default Re: few questins before i jump ship from the pres

Quote Originally Posted by richardschris View Post
    That's why you never ever buy from a sprint store buy it from radio shack no stupid mail in rebate and no restocking fees and you still have the 30 day trial even if your an existing customer.
    Agreed...NEVER buy directly from Sprint. Got mine from Best Buy.

I believe once you get one, you wont want to go back.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    Jesus, you're relentless.

Besides, going from a Pre to the Evo, there's little chance that anyone is going to pay a restocking fee, if you catch my drift.
    Last edited by Cobravision; 08-20-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

I moved form Pre to Evo and don't regret it. One of the posters said there is a way to view all your emails on one page - I haven't found it and missed that feature when i first switched. Now...love my Evo! Kept my Pre around for a few weeks and just sold it on eBay. I'm hooked on android.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    Fresh

If you side load the stock android 2.2 mail app and use it for all your accounts you will have the features you are looking for. I found the application on xda developers site. However I prefer the htc mail app over the stock android 2.2 mail app.

First of all if you can't afford a restocking fee I suggest you get a prepaid. Phone at a convenience store. Now the EVO. I dumped my Pre and for about 24 hours thought I might go back. After 1 hour in he SPRINTstore with a tech person I was one happy boy. This EVO beats the heck out of the Pre. Are there some things it won't do? A few but compared to EVO Pre is an imposter..

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

I never looked back.

I do not miss my pre at all.... Jump ship....

I had a pre... Never will it overthrow the evo... Only thing I wish I could steal is the notifications... Other then that I love my widgets and miss nothing else.. lol

Global Posts
    1,430 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Did the Pre to EVO move and every time I encounter someone with a Pre, I show them the EVO and tell them to join the Droid Army.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

The Evo is a BIG upgrade from the Pre. I went from Touch Pro (Windows Mobile sucks) to the pre to the EVO. The Pre is much more reliable, but kinda of a small screen. The EVO is the best phone I have had, and much more reliable then my WM. I tend to use the onscreen keyboard so a hardware keyboard is not much of a loss for me. I do a lot of reading, and my EVO is great for that. For me the screen sold it, and the 1ghz android is icing on the cake. No missed calls with out notification like on WM. Stable, and after breaking in the battery, I get good life as long as I do the take it off the charger for 10 min, and then top it off in the morning, that is the only problem I have found.

I just got my EVO and I am coming from a Pre. All I can say is don't let the door hit you on the way out. Get the EVO and embrace the android.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Default Good Bye

Ditch the Pre it sucks compared to the Evo.

The Pre's name should even say what to do, "Pre" as in "before", think of your "Pre" time as the time "before" you got the greatest phone you have had so far.

The Pre screen is like looking at a pin head instead of a big screen TV. The app catalog on Android is far greater. Who cares about the keyboard, I thought that was so important. There are loads of great keyboards you can use on the Evo which you can type faster and better.

I love my Evo, you will love yours as well.

Restocking, or returning will not cross your mind once you get your hands on one. Pledging your love, and having to enter a 12 step program due to additiction could occur.

I came from a year of the palm pre, and the evo is simply the best phone I have ever used and seen.. It is by the way extremely different OS than WebOs, but after you get use to it, it is awesome!!! I have messed around with the Iphone 4 as well and no other phones can touch this one... you should jump ship now, before you have to hear about us talking about the htc evo 2...LOL next year!!

Wife and I both switched from launch day Pres to launch day EVOs and have had NO regret. Android is on fire. Great OS. I thought I would miss the integrated email inbox as well but haven't. Gmail app is far superior to setting up gmail as an IMAP connection in another email client. Integrated calendar is there ... multiple sources all in the same view. Love it. Integrated contacts is there as well. I use the EVO heavily for work and play. Absolutely awesome phone on a GREAT network (in my area) with best pricing in industry. No brainer.

Until the Evo, every phone I owned was a Palm. I had a Pre with lots of customizations and patches. The Evo out of the box is better, and the availability of apps and widgets is so far beyond the Pre that there is no contest. A relative wanted my old Pre but I convinced him to go directly to the Evo.

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/ Bonsai

I still play with my Pre every now and then and I'm just amazed how SLOW the darn thing is....how did I ever put up with that for a year?? The Evo is the best!

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Try "K-9 Mail"