whats really the point of 4g if its such a huge battery drain?

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Then again, I think the phone makers I'm general for Android need to work on battery maximization. It's embarrassing how much worse Android batteries are than say the iPhone's.

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
But its a feature for the phone comes with the phone to be used. Is it like wifi? When i ask that i mean whenever we turn wifi off and on is because theres signal there and its faster. 4G is supposed to be faster. Greatest thing about 4G where its available is that we can use it everywhere.. I agree if we got to start shutting features off and on to maximize battery i might go back to early nokias play snake all day long haha

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
4G is for having blazing speeds, its not as if it should be used all day long. Besides I even for off 3G when I don't use it sometimes.

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand I love 4g, is much faster n I also have an extra battery n extra battery charger so I never have a dead phone so if u love the gadgets like me u pay for it

werx

Banned
Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
The only reason '4g' is such a battery drain is because noobs who JUST got 4g access go ape**** using it the entire day just to see what it is like. I lasted an entire day in colorado with 4g connection on... no problems. Used it for a good 3 hour of Pandora and surfing too. Relax... its not the phone - its you.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Options that's what it's about for me. I like having the option it's nice to be able to surf and talk on the phone at the same time. I use it sparingly so battery is not an issue.

bigmacwrap

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering when 4g starts to be a normal thing which it already is over seas if not faster how will the batteries hold up. We really need an update in battery technology.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
come on, it's a cell phone, not laptop, u cannot just keeping using it by surfing internet, or watch movies. After OTA(even just 2.1), my battery can stand like 1.5 day for general daily use. by that, i mean, 30mins all social network update interval, a few phone call during the day, 30+ texting msg, a bit internet surfing + forum threads reading

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Just because you have 4g doesn't mean you have a good signal. Your 4g could be going in and out causing your Evo to keep searching for a signal or a stronger one. You should try and see how many bars of 4g you have in certain places.4g is great, I hit 10mbs sometimes, but its useless to me ONLY if I'm in 3 diff places around me that have a full bar good signal. When I pick my wife up I use 4g cause where she works has full 4g and I usually wait 30mins to a hour in my car for her to get off. But once I leave I turn off 4g ASAP.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I would say use it at home, the car, while tethered to the computer because they are places where you can be plugged in all the time or at least be near one or just use when you really need the extra speed, other than that 3g will due.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800