Playing Audio from HTC Evo USB or HDMI Ports

ryanleblanc1

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to play audio from the HTC EVO (mp3, Pandora, etc) through the USB or HDMI ports? I've looked seemingly everywhere and have not found anyone who has done it. I want to be able to amply drive my Grado SR80i headphones. I believe I could do it with a portable amp like HeadRoom's Total AirHead through the headphone jack, but if I'm not mistaken, the headphone jack is sonically inferior to a line out jack. The problem is, the EVO doesn't have a line out jack. Hence...my inquiry regarding harnessing audio from either the USB or HDMI ports.

Let's assume the answer to my question above is NO.... I'm relatively satisfied with the sound quality I get from the EVO using Sennheiser PX 100 headphones and the tiny FiiO amp. The problem is, I blew the Sennheisers. That's why I bought the Grados. Undoubtedly, the Grados will handle more power. Unfortunately, my tiny FiiO amp won't power the Grados. So...my second question then is...will a better amp sufficiently power the Grados through the headphone jack?

Let me know what you think...thanks in advance

Ryan

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I had a micro USB to USB Adapter for my Palm Treo 800w. With that i used a USB audio card that had mic in and headset / line out. That was how us 800w users were able to use headphones or get a line out of the device since it didnt have a 3.5mm jack.
I tried this with my EVO and it didnt do anything. I also tried using a USB jump drive with it, same result. Nothing.

ryanleblanc1

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I had a micro USB to USB Adapter for my Palm Treo 800w. With that i used a USB audio card that had mic in and headset / line out. That was how us 800w users were able to use headphones or get a line out of the device since it didnt have a 3.5mm jack.
I tried this with my EVO and it didnt do anything. I also tried using a USB jump drive with it, same result. Nothing.

Apparently it can't be done. I would have thought for sure someone would have figured it out. I suppose in time....

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to play audio from the HTC EVO (mp3, Pandora, etc) through the USB or HDMI ports? I've looked seemingly everywhere and have not found anyone who has done it. I want to be able to amply drive my Grado SR80i headphones. I believe I could do it with a portable amp like HeadRoom's Total AirHead through the headphone jack, but if I'm not mistaken, the headphone jack is sonically inferior to a line out jack. The problem is, the EVO doesn't have a line out jack. Hence...my inquiry regarding harnessing audio from either the USB or HDMI ports.

Let's assume the answer to my question above is NO.... I'm relatively satisfied with the sound quality I get from the EVO using Sennheiser PX 100 headphones and the tiny FiiO amp. The problem is, I blew the Sennheisers. That's why I bought the Grados. Undoubtedly, the Grados will handle more power. Unfortunately, my tiny FiiO amp won't power the Grados. So...my second question then is...will a better amp sufficiently power the Grados through the headphone jack?

Let me know what you think...thanks in advance

Ryan

Not sure I'd dump money into a more powerful headphone amp with the Evo's less than desirable headphone output. I'm in the same boat as you, hoping one of the devs can make USB audio out do-able.