Calendar replacement for EVO?

jxc

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I need a good replacement calendar for my EVO since the froyo update brought bugs. A complete calendar app not a widget.

if anyone knows how to get the calendar app found on the nexus one froyo build to the EVO, i would appreciate a pointer or link for more information on how to get this done.

any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Jorte is pretty nice for free but it is just not powerful enough for my needs. I have been very happy since switching to iRT Calendar

jxc

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Jorte is pretty nice for free but it is just not powerful enough for my needs. I have been very happy since switching to iRT Calendar

Thanks gekko and rc46 but jorte doesn't seem to notify me via the notification bar or any other way and irt calendar has bad reviews and some people on the reviews are saying that the events disappear sometimes, etc... have you experienced any of those issues?

jxc

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
if anyone knows how to get the calendar app found on the nexus one froyo build to the EVO, i would appreciate a pointer or link for more information on how to get this done.

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks gekko and rc46 but jorte doesn't seem to notify me via the notification bar or any other way and irt calendar has bad reviews and some people on the reviews are saying that the events disappear sometimes, etc... have you experienced any of those issues?

No issues at all. 100% dependable. It displays my google calendars and gives me a week view, month view that I can actually read and all kinds of customization. I cant see how a item could disappear unless you delete it?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've not had any problems with iRT. It's not the powerful calendar that existed on the old Palm platform, but it's decent. I'd suggest trying it out yourself. You can try it out for 24 hours and uninstall it at no cost if you're not satisfied.

Another calendar app which is interesting, but not quite their yet, is Gemini Calendar.

The real answer, I think, will be when Pimlico software finishes it's port of Pimlical to Android. I'm hoping that's soon.

hollandpeter

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have similar concerns. Since upgrading to 2.2 I can no longer edit existing appts. in the various programs. Any changes that I want to make require making a new appt. and deleting the old.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I love GeminiCalendar, great app, great widget!

GeminiCalendar is nice if you don't have that many appointments daily. But if you have several per day, the dots just don't give enough information when you try to look ahead at a glance.

If you need a lot of reminders daily, iRT Calendar is the way to go. If you just want to know if you have anything going on next Thursday, Jorte is ok for that if you want to save a few bucks.

Off topic, but how did the Evo ship with such a terrible native calendar. I get that we have options and that's great, but the native app makes me feel like someone set aside three months to design it, but instead worked on it for a week then forgot about it. The month view is an absolute joke. "Let's see, I have something to do every day this month. I have no idea what though because every day and every calendar has the exact same indicator." Useless.

/rant

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
None of the current phone manufacturers seem to understand the value of good PIM apps. The new Mantra is entertainment: web, music, games, facebook, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21