Meaning of Exclamation Point in a Triangle - texting

reneeh63

May 26, 2010
Visit site
This is on the "All Messages" screen when I'm texting and only occurs for one particular person. It's in gray (no color) and has been showing for a couple weeks now, I'm not sure if it coincided with the FROYO update or not.

I can still send and receive texts from this person but the exclamation point/triangle are always showing on the right side just above the time stamp of the last text.

Any ideas?

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Unable to send. Maybe due to an unknown prefix. Example: *67 if your trying to block your number from the recipient. And viceversa.

reneeh63

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Well, that's mighty interesting because for all these messages over all this time I've been able to reply to this party and the other party has also replied to my texts.

What are the other possibilities? Does it mean that at SOME point in the past a text to this person couldn't be sent? If that's the case, how can I get rid of this OLD error so it doesn't keep showing? I've reset by removing the battery several times and it makes no difference.

Last edited:

jeallen1

May 18, 2010
Visit site
There may have been a text in the past that never sent. Scroll through your list of text messages with this person and see if any individual message has the icon on it.

John

joeyguard

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Thank you John

You were absolutely correct it was bugging me since I got the phone 2 weeks ago..

Thank you

so like john said scroll down in the contacts thread with the triangle and you will see one or more messages that never got sent.

I Came from a Blackberry 9700 AT&T
I never had messages not go thru when i had service on the blackberry and i feel the blackberry gets better service and is definitely louder in every way.
This is my first post I searched for the triangle thing. it brought me to sprint. Hope that doesn't count as trolling. I never thought I would leave blackberry but i had lots of problems with my 9700. the 9000 was a better phone IMHO.

Thought about torch but the keyboard is like palm pre plus. just didn't seem like the almighty blackberry keyboard. ATT gave me a super early upgrade and gave me the phone for $159.00 so i couldn't say no.

If the triangle means other things please post.

thanks

Joey G

Iulian G

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
What if i have thousands of messages with a persons an done of them is not sent (so the red triangle with the excalation amrk appears in the conversation list with that person). How can I find that message? Is there an app on market for that ? Because a visual insepction of all those messages is almost impossible. And I don't want to delete all the conversation with that person....

lrirwin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I found the offending MMS messages at the very top of the list.
It appears the app put them there, since they were out of thread order.
This was on a Galaxy Note 4.

canagirl95

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I've had the irritating yellow symbol ( ⚠) in 3 of my text convos since upgrading to my Note 5 January 17th. I've checked & none of the 3 have unsent texts. Is there another cause? I really don't want to delete the message threads, but I also really don't like seeing the signs glaring at me.. Haha!! I appreciate any help!!

cad4

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
I had this happen today with text from a person I communicate with on a daily basis... An old text from days ago was now also marked with another gray triangle. When I resent the old one (old news of course), both triangles went away. This is really annoying and of absolutely no use without an explanation and/or notification within a few minutes that a text did not go through. Need either to get rid of it or fix.... Doing a CYA notification way after the fact is useless....

Juniper22

Mar 4, 2018
Visit site
I have that symbol on my text list, for only one friend, too. But there's no text marked that didn't send. There was an update recently, could that be it?

I went to VW yesterday, and they checked the texts for that person on my list, but they don't know what it is, either.

Pdisaacs

Jun 5, 2018
Visit site
This is on the "All Messages" screen when I'm texting and only occurs for one particular person. It's in gray (no color) and has been showing for a couple weeks now, I'm not sure if it coincided with the FROYO update or not.

I can still send and receive texts from this person but the exclamation point/triangle are always showing on the right side just above the time stamp of the last text.

Any ideas?

Why does it say under phone info that the message was sent?

Last edited by a moderator:

chesler

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
There may have been a text in the past that never sent. Scroll through your list of text messages with this person and see if any individual message has the icon on it.

John

Me too.
Interestingly the failure was a message from 7 weeks ago on my old Sam s5. I got an LG G6 precisely because without WiFi calling and without T-Mo Band 12 I was having a lot of failed SMS in my office. I only noticed the /!\ caution after the Maroney / Staneski debatephone upgraded to Oreo last week.
Deleting the failed message cleared the indicator.