Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Meaning of Exclamation Point in a Triangle - texting

This is on the "All Messages" screen when I'm texting and only occurs for one particular person. It's in gray (no color) and has been showing for a couple weeks now, I'm not sure if it coincided with the FROYO update or not.

I can still send and receive texts from this person but the exclamation point/triangle are always showing on the right side just above the time stamp of the last text.

Any ideas?

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
    I can still send and receive texts from this person but the exclamation point/triangle are always showing on the right side just above the time stamp of the last text.
    As documented, it signifies an SMS that the phone was unable to send.

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Unable to send. Maybe due to an unknown prefix. Example: *67 if your trying to block your number from the recipient. And viceversa.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well, that's mighty interesting because for all these messages over all this time I've been able to reply to this party and the other party has also replied to my texts.

What are the other possibilities? Does it mean that at SOME point in the past a text to this person couldn't be sent? If that's the case, how can I get rid of this OLD error so it doesn't keep showing? I've reset by removing the battery several times and it makes no difference.
    Last edited by reneeh63; 08-24-2010 at 07:09 AM.

There may have been a text in the past that never sent. Scroll through your list of text messages with this person and see if any individual message has the icon on it.

John

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Thank you John

You were absolutely correct it was bugging me since I got the phone 2 weeks ago..

Thank you

so like john said scroll down in the contacts thread with the triangle and you will see one or more messages that never got sent.

I Came from a Blackberry 9700 AT&T
    I never had messages not go thru when i had service on the blackberry and i feel the blackberry gets better service and is definitely louder in every way.
    This is my first post I searched for the triangle thing. it brought me to sprint. Hope that doesn't count as trolling. I never thought I would leave blackberry but i had lots of problems with my 9700. the 9000 was a better phone IMHO.

Thought about torch but the keyboard is like palm pre plus. just didn't seem like the almighty blackberry keyboard. ATT gave me a super early upgrade and gave me the phone for $159.00 so i couldn't say no.

If the triangle means other things please post.

thanks

Joey G

Default Re: Meaning of Exclamation Point in a Triangle - texting

Oh man, thanks a million for the scrolling/unsent message advice; that triangle's been driving me nuts for weeks now.

Default Re: Meaning of Exclamation Point in a Triangle - texting

good, Scroll through your list of text messages with this person and see if any individual message has the icon on it.