Twitter For Sense No Long Working

Brademcee

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
As of last night, FriendStream and Peep are no longer updating from my Twitter feed. If I hit refresh, their are no updates. I then decided to remove the Twitter account from my Evo and re-enter it. Now it says I have a bad username/password and will not add the account.

Anyone else having this problem?

gw1754#AC

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm having FC issues with every Twitter client I have (seesmic, tweetcaster, etc.), so this makes me think there is an issue with twitter itself ands not necessarily the applications.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This is just a workaround, as I've got no solution for your current problem. Download a different Twitter client and try and log in with your credentials and see if you can even access your account or try twitter from a webpage.

sj808

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Touiteur isn't working right for me either... it isn't loading my timeline or mentions. But Twidroyd Pro works. Must be something on Twitter's end.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm having FC issues with every Twitter client I have (seesmic, tweetcaster, etc.), so this makes me think there is an issue with twitter itself ands not necessarily the applications.

I also use Seesmic and Tweetcaster and am getting the Force Close as well. This started yesterday.
This morning Tweetcaster seems to work but still FC on Seesmic.
The offical Twitter client is still working.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This was posted about an hour ago on Twitter by @handmark:

Twitter api change causing force closes for many #TweetCaster users. Working with Twitter to fix shortly!

I noticed my Seesmic was FCing last night, so it appears it's going to hit everyone on Android until later today. Weird.

EDIT: I just tried Seesmic and it's working. Touiteur won't update past July 31. Tweetcaster is OK.

Last edited:

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
In the Marketplace right now, Seesmic and Touiteur have updates. Seesmic's changelog says it "fixes some crashes;" nothing on Touiteur's install page.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
A few hours ago Seesmic started working, however i am still going to do the update.
I had heard from the developer of PockeTwit (WM) that Twitter was going to make some significant changes but thought that happened a week ago. Guess thats what it was.
Glad to see Seesmic and TweetCaster are working now.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
any word on when htc sense will work with twitter again? seesmic, mobile web and computer seem to have no problem getting into twitter but sense can't log me on.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Twitter implemented a new authentication for 3rd party apps peep and many Twitter clients are effected. Tweetcaster is working for me.

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Just read that on another site. Is it Oauth? (something like that...sorry, i can't find the post to get a more accurate description)

It is Oauth authentication and it is now implemented by Twitter. They have been warning of this for a few weeks and it is odd that HTC made no changes. Peep will not work until HTC makes changes, and because it is in firmware, looks as if it will take an OTA update to fix.:eek:

Richard_Danger

May 16, 2010
www.twitter.com
Twitter for HTC Sense/Friendstream/Peep still not working. Sent an email to HTC. Will post any response I receive.

I sent them an email last week when Peep first started not working. They responded within the hour, but said they weren't experiencing the problem. They suggested I clear the cache and do a soft reset and battery pull. They did not work. So they suggested I do a factory reset. I already did that after the froyo release, I have to reason to do it again. I told them their problem was with the Oauth, but they said the problem was on my end. So I went and downloaded twitdroyd and have been very happy with it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek