Rooted Apps

androiduser7

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, new to the android world, on the waitlist for an EVO which should be coming any time now. I want to root the phone,and put the avalaunchmod ava-froyo 2.2 V6 ROM on it (open to suggestions for better ROMS btw) but I have one question. Once I root it and flash the custom ROM, can I only download and install rooted apps on the phone? I did a search and couldnt find anything. Thanks in advance.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, new to the android world, on the waitlist for an EVO which should be coming any time now. I want to root the phone,and put the avalaunchmod ava-froyo 2.2 V6 ROM on it (open to suggestions for better ROMS btw) but I have one question. Once I root it and flash the custom ROM, can I only download and install rooted apps on the phone? I did a search and couldnt find anything. Thanks in advance.

You will also want to keep up in the development community for the Evo. As it stands today, you can't root a new Evo that comes with FroYo.

androiduser7

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
thanks guys. hoping mines comes with 2.1 but if it doesnt im not worried. I can be patient, its still an awesome phone w/o root, plus im sure a root method for 2.2 will be coming very very soon