1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My messages disappeared...

So, when I got to work this morning and went to send a text, I noticed all my saved message history had ALL disappeared. Everything else seems okay, voicemails are there, contacts still there, just the texts disappeared. Any ideas? Thanks.

the same thing just happened to me, did you ever find out what happened, or how to recover them??
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Nope, never found out anything

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vaelpak 2.3 Ziggy Kernel

there is an auto-delete section if you go to messages > settings. Is it set really low or something?
    HTC Evo 4G running OTA 3.70.651.5 (Rooted) with Netarchy SBC Kernel 4.2.2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    there is an auto-delete section if you go to messages > settings. Is it set really low or something?
    The "delete old messages" box is NOT checked, text message limit is set to 200 per conversation and multimedia to 20 per conversation.

I have not changed these settings, they have been this way. I literally went to text one morning and all of my conversations were completely gone. I did not manually delete anything, either, they were just gone that morning.

I would think it hit some limit of some sort and cleared it out.

Do people really keep their messages for a long time? I would like to save some on ocassion for certain things, but I usually clean my convos daily or every other day. I swear my phone seems laggier when I have hundreds of messages on still active convos, but could be my imagination

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Just went to messages on EVO and ALL my messages were gone - disappeared. Poof. I used them for reference, for sending new messages. Anyone ever figure out what is happening?