Why I like my evo and android in general coming from the iphone

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Ok so this is just my why I like android and love my evo thread… I came from a iphone and while I must say it’s a nice phone, a new app I have just found has made me love my evo even more… Im not even tempted to go back… The only thing I think android needs is a little UI polish and its going to be near unstoppable.. Oh yea gingerbread is on the way so I guess that’s that… lol.. But anyways to get to the point the app is called folderorganizer for those who have not used it before… This allows you to customize all of your icons with icon packs or your own images and make icons that are like folders… (In other words like folders but a lot more customizable) Which is great for people like me who like things to match or just want their phone to be different… Now things like this u can do on other phones but usually it involves some sort of hacking… What I love about this phone is u can change all that without even simply rooting the phone, or Jailbreaking as u would with a Iphone... This is all stock… I think I like android so much because the OS is damn near limitless when it comes to customization… Its almost like I know nobody’s phone will look like mine.. Gotta love it.. Oh yeah one more thing android needs is screen shots for times like this LOL... Thats the only thing I cant believe they forgot...

There are alot more apps that people probably dont know about but I dont want to talk ur heads off... lol.. But if anybody would like me to share some more apps that may not be really main stream let me know...

Last edited:

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Go!Chat for facebook chatting, Fast Web Installer and appbrain for browsing for apps on your computer while at work or home and it will install them automatically without u touching your phone. Also waaaaay easier to sort through then the android markent. Love agenda widget self explanatory, Album art grabber Finds your album art, Good morning a highly customizable alarm clock app..

Edit for more im at work lol

Launch-x Pro allows u to make a widget for shorcuts for people or apps but I dont use it now because of folder organizer.. Lockbot Pro allows you to Change ur lockscreen... For exaple u can have it unlock like the nexus one or hero etc... My Backup Pro Backs up your phone.. Vaulty... Stores pics and locks them with a password... There are others too... If anybody else knows good ones please name them or I can Add them into this post and organize them..

Last edited:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The customization potential for Android is definitely superior to any device on the market. I'm not sure why you would need folders when you have homescreens. I use my homescreens like folders in a way. As for recommendations for apps, that may be something you need to figure out on your own. I can list the apps that I have:

epocrates (medical app)
ebay
Kindle
Twitter for Android
Facebook
Shopper
Google Listen
Goggles
Google Earth
Swype
Paypal
History erase
Mybackup Pro
Dictionary.com
Dropbox

and a few games.

Gimik

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm just happy to be back into the modding action. I haven't enjoyed playing with a phone this much since the old winmo days (but god winmo sucked).

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm just happy to be back into the modding action. I haven't enjoyed playing with a phone this much since the old winmo days (but god winmo sucked).

Thats how I feel... Im constantly playing with this thing and finding out things I didnt know about... It looks nice and clean with the custom icons and the live thunder wallpaper I have...

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
The customization potential for Android is definitely superior to any device on the market. I'm not sure why you would need folders when you have homescreens. I use my homescreens like folders in a way. As for recommendations for apps, that may be something you need to figure out on your own. I can list the apps that I have:

To answer ur question I just dont like a bunch of little icons everywhere... Its alot easier for me to just click messages and my email accnts and text message app all pop up... Kinda like a one stop shop...