4G MAC address

Sed8ing

May 15, 2010
Visit site
A question that may help me get some answers from Sprint about the non-working status of my 4G

For those who are in a 4G area and yours is working when you check settings>about phone>hardware information, do you see an address under the heading 4G MAC Address?

Also, for those in non-4G areas when you check settings>about phone>hardware information, do you see an address under the heading 4G MAC Address?

I have been having trouble and mine says "Unavailable" which I do not believe it did prior to Froyo.

Please specify in your response whether it has an address and whether you have or do not have 4G access.

Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine currently says Unavailable and I am /not/ in a 4G area.

I HAVE been in a 4G area only days ago, and it was functioning fine there. Going to say this is functioning as intended, no worries.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay I did a bit more looking into it:

I noticed that I DO have a MAC address as long as my 4G is actually turned on. Since I didn't have 4G at my house I didn't have it on before when I posted previously. As long as it's enabled and scanning I do see a MAC address.

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I live in a 4g area and if my 4g is turned off then my mac address reads unavailable. If I turn it on, an address is populated.