Is the htc evo 1 click root method available yet??

Freshy03

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
The current root method is to lengthy for me.. Has to be something easier.. Also is the only way we can take screen shots is if our phone is rooted??

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't hear your original question - you were yelling.

Do you ever give any advice or help in topics?

As of right now I don't think the one root click method is available yet. But they do have root for the 2.2 Froyo now, but I don't believe it's one click root.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
you can root 2.2 via a downgrade to 2.1, then root with 2 click simple root..

they even have a step by step video for this...

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I did the OTA Froyo root process last Saturday morning and it wasn't that big a deal. The thing looks longer and tougher than it really is when it's written out one explicit step at a time.

Just go for it. It's not that hard or long, and you'll learn a lot by working through the process.

When you have to type out all the command line stuff, copy/paste is your friend - but read and understand each command and you'll get the most out of the experience.

Freshy03

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I did the OTA Froyo root process last Saturday morning and it wasn't that big a deal. The thing looks longer and tougher than it really is when it's written out one explicit step at a time.

Just go for it. It's not that hard or long, and you'll learn a lot by working through the process.

When you have to type out all the command line stuff, copy/paste is your friend - but read and understand each command and you'll get the most out of the experience.

Thanks

ParaGod

May 30, 2010
Visit site
If you are too afraid to root with the current process, you are going to have issues when it comes time to flash kernels and roms. It really is a LOT simpler than it seems. My suggestion is to toughen up, root with the method available. Get your hands dirty, it's the best way to learn.

My $.02.

ReggieTee

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
If you are too afraid to root with the current process, you are going to have issues when it comes time to flash kernels and roms. It really is a LOT simpler than it seems. My suggestion is to toughen up, root with the method available. Get your hands dirty, it's the best way to learn.

My $.02.
haven't rooted yet but read through the tutorial and watched the vid a couple times and it doesn't seem as intimidating. Gonna root tonite.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
What's wrong with unrevoked? Personally, I am waiting for that method to become available because all I want is the wifi tether.