Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ways to Watch Live TV (NFL GAMES) on EVO by Sprint!

This has been talked about a lot but I still don't know how I am going to watch the NFL games on my phone (I work most Sundays so this is critical for me!)

Slingbox - I guess this is an option, where you can basically watch your TV from home on your laptop or cell phone if you have a broadband connection. It sounds cool but it's expensive and a lot of reviews mention quality and reliability issues.

Verizon - ok, we have Sprint phones so this is not an option

Direct TV - supposedly if you have the NFL package, you can download an app to work on the EVO but I don't have Direct TV nor would I want to pay for the NFL package since I will never get to use it.

ATDHE.net - I tried this for some preseason games and I couldn't get it to work for the most part...I got some commercials to load, but that's about it. Anyway, it's not reliable.

Just-In TV - I found they have a beta app for EVO (and I actually have it installed) but it's only for broadcasting your own channel from your phone, not watching other broadcasts. That sucks but I wonder if there is an app coming out soon?

Sopcast? I have no idea

Anyway - I really hope someone can come up with a good way to watch NFL games on our EVO. Please post some good info here. Thanks!

Sprint TV sometimes has live games aired through ESPN mobile. Maybe there will be some football on there.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    EVODeck

I know the Sprint football app is going to stream live from ESPN mobile. So maybe Monday night football?////college ball? Also sometimes you can find a national station that will let you watch games through their local site....ie...... BTW I made that site up. if that is a real site it is unintentional

This irks the heck out of me. How is there not an app to watch live TV in your area. Surely with these great devices someone could create an app that acts as an antenna with a tuner that would let us receive the signal and thus watch live TV. That's all I ask for. I don't need premium channels....just local channels will do.

This NFL games watch fix encompasses all sports really. For Monday Night Football games, there's SprintTV with ESPN. For NFL Network games....well, just like most others even outside of the smartphone realm, those without premium channels in their subscriptions or available to their provider...NFL Network aired games are out of the picture. I'd be cool with that.

Call it TV app...I don't care. All we need is something as simple as it acting as a standalone DTV.

Quote Originally Posted by dccatfan View Post
    This has been talked about a lot but I still don't know how I am going to watch the NFL games on my phone (I work most Sundays so this is critical for me!)

Anyway - I really hope someone can come up with a good way to watch NFL games on our EVO. Please post some good info here. Thanks!

Check out the app LIVE TV. They stream local channels... at least here in Los Angeles they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Raf View Post
    This irks the heck out of me. How is there not an app to watch live TV in your area. Surely with these great devices someone could create an app that acts as an antenna with a tuner that would let us receive the signal and thus watch live TV. That's all I ask for. I don't need premium channels....just local channels will do.

This NFL games watch fix encompasses all sports really. For Monday Night Football games, there's SprintTV with ESPN. For NFL Network games....well, just like most others even outside of the smartphone realm, those without premium channels in their subscriptions or available to their provider...NFL Network aired games are out of the picture. I'd be cool with that.

Call it TV app...I don't care. All we need is something as simple as it acting as a standalone DTV.
    I imagine that there isn't enough room to fit a DTV tuner circuitry inside of a cell phone. The FM tuner is probably done via software, but there's too much information in a DTV signal to expect the phones processor to do it.

I know people hate carrying extra devices, but there are pocketable TVs out there for less than $100 which are a viable solution.

Default Re: Ways to Watch Live TV (NFL GAMES) on EVO by Sprint!

If the games are that important to you get a sling box. The app works well.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

I found "Live TV" from Miguntu Labs in the marketplace. I haven't tried it but it claims to be able to see the big networks including cnn, discovery, etc.
    Cellphone pimpin' ain't easy!

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

rumor has it, you can buy the nfl package and stream it online. not sure what method they stream in.

way over priced tho for what you get.
    Last edited by 81; 08-31-2010 at 06:35 PM.

you can go to xdadevelopers website and they have somehow ported the verizon nfl app to work on most android devices whether its verizon or sprint or any other carrier, heres the link hope it helps you guys out, i havent tried it myself so let me know if it works
    thank you
    Thanked by:
    eldub1 

Quote Originally Posted by eq0120 View Post
    you can go to xdadevelopers website and they have somehow ported the verizon nfl app to work on most android devices whether its verizon or sprint or any other carrier, heres the link hope it helps you guys out, i havent tried it myself so let me know if it works
    thank you
    That's old and no longer works.

Try out channelsurfing.net. You're going to need flash 10.1. I was able to watch the saints/vikings game today.

it works. I downloaded it and it works GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
    you have to have the 4g off when you first install it. And if you have any previous versions downloaded, you must erase it first, then click the link and reinstall.
    (Thank me when you do it. Trying to get my ranks up!)

Thanked by 2:
    Banned

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrcam216 View Post
    it works. I downloaded it and it works GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
    you have to have the 4g off when you first install it. And if you have any previous versions downloaded, you must erase it first, then click the link and reinstall.
    (Thank me when you do it. Trying to get my ranks up!)

Yes, we know...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...w-working.html

By the way, Verizon already shut it down.

damn...I liked having that. I wonder if this will be a back and forth tug of war like Palm pre/apple with itunes synching with the pre.

Quote Originally Posted by HYDE View Post
    Yes, we know...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...w-working.html

By the way, Verizon already shut it down.

It's not shut down. I downloaded the program this morning and used to watch the NFL network. The program is working fine. I would suggest trying it before saying it is shut down.
    I would take a picture of the app working, maybe by a picture of Pres. Obama talking on television, but i dont know where my digital camera is at.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen 6.1.1 or Vaelpak

Worked well for me as well. If you read the xda forums you'll see that they have done some good work to get around the issues that were shutting it down initially.

It's not shut down. I downloaded the program this morning and used to watch the NFL network. The program is working fine. I would suggest trying it before saying it is shut down.
    I would take a picture of the app working, maybe by a picture of Pres. Obama talking on television, but i dont know where my digital camera is at.
    Agreed. It works. I'm using it right now.
    Thanked by:

Mine got shut down. When I open it, it says "NFL content can only be viewed by active Verizon users"

Quote Originally Posted by johnjbrock View Post
    Mine got shut down. When I open it, it says "NFL content can only be viewed by active Verizon users"
    I just downloaded it early and I was able to watch the highlights and post game conferences. Maybe they haven't detected mine but it's currently still working. Try uninstalling and reinstalling it. See if that helps.

Global Posts
    1,158 Global Posts
    ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

Default Re: Ways to Watch Live TV (NFL GAMES) on EVO by Sprint!

Quote Originally Posted by johnjbrock View Post
    Erase the apk you have and download the updated apk. It works again.
    Banned

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

As you can see from the other thread where this is already being discussed, many people verified that Verizon did shut it down. Someone else in this thread mention it was shut down as well. It happened to me, hence the reason I said it was. I would suggest you know more about the subject before you make assumptions about what I do and don't know.

Apparently if you download it again it will work. At least for the time being till Verizon finds another way to stop it.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Yep, it's working again. The video seems to be smoother with V than Sprint. Alright, no more advertising this before they disable it again.

Quote Originally Posted by HYDE View Post
    As you can see from the other thread where this is already being discussed, many people verified that Verizon did shut it down. Someone else in this thread mention it was shut down as well. It happened to me, hence the reason I said it was. I would suggest you know more about the subject before you make assumptions about what I do and don't know.

Apparently if you download it again it will work. At least for the time being till Verizon finds another way to stop it.
    I was thinking about responding to this comment in a smart way, but ill just leave it alone and watch NFL on my EVO until Verizon find a new way to cut it off.

Looks like they already upgraded or some how blocked the update.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast