i clear htc sense defaults and now my phone is acting funny

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
i cleared htc sense defaults and now my phone is acting funny

i managed to turn off my defaults in htc sense, and i cant seem to set up the defaults again

settings/manage applications/htc sense.

i was reading a post about turning off sense I also saw the video on YouTube about having the option of between the android launcher and HTC sense. When I cleared out the defaults and forced closed in HTC sense then clicked home I did not have the option to change between launcher and HTC sense. Now the defaults button in HTC sense is currently greyed out. My EVO is acting funny.

thank you for your help

Last edited:

geekaren

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
One option, although it will erase all your data & apps, is to do a factory reset.

However, I'm hoping someone who knows more about the specific problem you're experiencing will come by and offer other suggestions.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
One option, although it will erase all your data & apps, is to do a factory reset.

However, I'm hoping someone who knows more about the specific problem you're experiencing will come by and offer other suggestions.

I'm thinking about doing that but I finally have everything set up perfectly for me. I will be calling HTC to see what they tell me if I can't find a solution.

capnhowdy18

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Try this. Download a separate launcher. Say launcherpro or something. Then press the home button. You should get a choice between the two. Switch to launcher pro. Then do that again and this time tell it to make sense the default. Then uninstall launcher pro and do a regular reset of the phone.

Last edited:

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Try this. Download a separate launcher. Say launcherpro or something. Then press the home button. You should get a choice between the two. Switch to launcher pro. Then do that again and this time tell it to make sense the default. Then uninstall launcher pro and do a regular reset of the phone.

Thank you it worked. Wow that launcher looks cool but it has a few glitches.

capnhowdy18

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
LauncherPro is pretty nice. If they had a friend stream widget I might make it my default. Unfortunately, sense is too ingrained into the Evo though. Hopefully Google takes some queues from it for Gingerbread.

capnhowdy18

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, I'm not exactly sure why that doesn't work since the framework is still there. I haven't bothered to look into it more.

However if you are going to use a different launcher, its a good idea to set to a blank scene in sense, then load the different launcher. If you have widgets on your scene when you load the other launcher, technically they will still be running in the background hogging resources.

This is one of the downsides to sense, you can't really turn it off so to speak.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01