Last.fm still stinks in Froyo

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Any idea when Google is releasing the streaming fix for 2.2 that will allow Last.fm to work properly again? This skipping 30 seconds into a song is getting old, and I used to love the app!

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Same here, I have always listen to last fm. Then after Froyo it does the same thing. Even yahoo music app plays a Few song all the way thru then it plays 30 arcs of a song then skips to the next, then the next, then the next. I wonder what's up? I heard or read some where that you have to do some tech stuff to get it working or something like that.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Slacker seems to work a bit better, so for now I've switched. Don't like the commercials, though.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I always used Last.FM on my Evo with 2.1 Eclair. Now with Froyo it does skip songs over and over. Hopefully the issue is taken care of soon... Pandora is my replacement for the time being.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I do like the setting that leaves Slacker's app lit when connected to power. Great for the car. The other apps need that. Pandora's sound quality isn't nearly as good as last.fm. Slacker is closer, but not quite there.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Google already put the updated codec support into their repository. It's up to HTC to bundle it, sprint to approve, then push to the masses.

In the meantime most of your bigger streaming audio companies have stopped waiting for this to happened and switched how they are streaming.

People not using their app = less revenue. In the end Google actually silently won this one.

dcross9818

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Jango as of recent because of the diminished sound quality in pandora and the like. So far, its not so bad, only problem is that you can't edit your stations on the fly, it must be done on a web browser.

---dcross9818

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol