Just played with the Moment HD...

mrdavis55

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I just got an EVO and went today to switch my evo for an epic...

After playing with it i decided to keep my EVO...

1. The screen is a little better but its smaller.

2. The phone is the same size as the evo with a smaller screen???

3. It feels like a toy... really light and plastic... they should have named it the moment HD...

In the end... its a good phone... but there is no way this thing is gonna outlast an EVO in the marathon of devices....

Just like Engadget says... the EVO wins out by a small margin... If you gotta have a keyboard the epic is for you.

neutron#AC

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I came from a Moment to the Evo. You couldn't convince me to switch to the Epic. I can't stand Samsung phones after the crap I went through with my Moment. The Evo has been awesome so far!

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

4.3 compared to 4, i guess your right but this is all personal preference

not true, look at the tech specs, the phone is a little thicker but has a full keyboard

3. It feels like a toy... really light and plastic... they should have named it the moment HD...
It is light, but so are all the "galaxy s" phones, hardly would call this a drawback considering how the evo is the 2nd heaviest phone on the market right now. Has just as much plastic as the Evo. Only real concern is the slider.

In the end... its a good phone... but there is no way this thing is gonna outlast an EVO in the marathon of devices....

You fail to mention that the processor is significantly newer, and the graphics out of the box are better than most evo's that users have had to root and mod.

Just like Engadget says... the EVO wins out by a small margin... If you gotta have a keyboard the epic is for you.

Its unfair compare this device to the moment, when the only thing they really have in common is the slider....

seraphemz

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

A Co-worker just got the Epic, i looked at it and the screen is AMAZING !!! But the feel of it was nasty... I didnt like it one bit. EVO still wins !!

Binks23

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I just came from an epic. I had a palm pre and decided after a year of webOS problems I'd try Android, so I went with the epic. I really liked it at first but found out there's a huge bandwidth cap on uploading data. There's a lot of complaints over at the epic forums and on sprints website. I couldnt make it over 150kps at best, normal was closer to 25kps. Im in a band and have to send out a lot of songs through email on the go, so after failed attempt after failed attempt to get a 5mb music file emailed to our studio, I switched to the Evo and I love it. No problems at all, just amazing.. plus we get froyo and flash. HTC knows what's up!

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I work at a Repair Center and can't wait to see what kind of problems we will see with the Epic! Almost every customer is either a Blackberry or a Moment!

my friend's epic buttons on the bottom dont register well does that count? esp the back button. you gotta push the darn thing like 3 times.

sprintgirl

Apr 25, 2010
forum.ppcgeeks.com
I noticed that I had to press the buttons on the bottom repeatedly before getting a response...I wonder if that really is an issue. I thought maybe I just have cold hands. And I hate that they aren't visible!!! I can't remember where they are! LOL Samsung made an oopsie! IMO! Soooo glad I have an Evo and didn't jump the bandwagon! But I'm not saying that I wouldn't take an Epic if I won one at work. But if I did I would just be forced to make it better!

cjmedina

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I played with one today at the store. It felt cheap and light. Screen was okay, seem toyis. I thought about buying one before I saw it but after seeing it ill pass