Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default camera lens protection tip. must see.

  2. #2  
    Gekko's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,880 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,236 Global Posts

    Default

    "lens cover easily breaks"? "problem most other people were having"?

    WTF? this is news to me. i never heard this was a problem.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    "lens cover easily breaks"? "problem most other people were having"?

    WTF? this is news to me. i never heard this was a problem.
    Yeah I never heard that either but its still a good Idea.
  4. #4  
    igotsanevo4g's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,558 Posts
    Carrier
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default

    Well possibly degrade picture quality but, crafty indeed.
  5. #5  

    Default

    I just keep my entire EVO covered in bubble wrap and locked in a room, with a sign that says "Beware of Leopard". It affects ease of use, but it protects it from all danger, both real and imagined.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Good idea, but I'm not going to do it.
  7. #7  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    4,706 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,880 Global Posts

    Default

    Mine got scratched to hell on Day 1. :-/
  8. #8  
    Yourdogsdead's Avatar

    Posts
    1,362 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Various

    Default

    Good tip. A sufficient case will also raise the lens enough so it does not scratch when laid down on a table.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default

    good luck on the exam.
  10. #10  

    Default

    This is how i handle it....put on a screen protector and put phone facedown instead of on lens.
  11. #11  
    Yourdogsdead's Avatar

    Posts
    1,362 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Various

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    good luck on the exam.
    Why, thank you
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default

    No prob, let us know how you do.
  13. #13  
    Cubfan's Avatar

    Posts
    978 Posts
    Global Posts
    981 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: camera lens protection tip. must see.

    This looks like a perfect way to ruin the optics of the lens. No thanks. I'm not into blurry pics.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default

    Nothing to lose by trying.
  15. #15  

    Default

    ive just been using the stick on metal ring that comes with the micro/macro lens attachment that was being bought up around here.
  16. #16  
    eye4ni's Avatar

    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

    Default Re: camera lens protection tip. must see.

    Quote Originally Posted by bujin View Post
    I just keep my entire EVO covered in bubble wrap and locked in a room, with a sign that says "Beware of Leopard". It affects ease of use, but it protects it from all danger, both real and imagined.
    And I thought I was the only one. Now THAT is crafty.


    Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk
  17. #17  
    kellte2's Avatar

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

    Default

    A post it note under the battery door and below the lens by about a half of an in, will sufficiently raise the case enough to stop it from resting on the camera lens.

    ...and you won't have image quality degradation. Enjoy.
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yourdogsdead View Post
    Good tip. A sufficient case will also raise the lens enough so it does not scratch when laid down on a table.
    Or use the kickstand
  19. #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kellte2 View Post
    A post it note under the battery door and below the lens by about a half of an in, will sufficiently raise the case enough to stop it from resting on the camera lens.

    ...and you won't have image quality degradation. Enjoy.
    A Seidio 3500 extended battery will work too.....lol.
  20. #20  

    Default

    i've never heard of this issue, but that looks ghetto. i use the case below, protects the screen and the camera in the back with a raised lip.

  21. #21  
    C01E's Avatar

    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    This is how i handle it....put on a screen protector and put phone facedown instead of on lens.
    Same here, also allows ringer to Project better so I can hear it if in another room.
  22. #22  

    Default

    my new Otterbox Commuter does the trick!
  23. #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bujin View Post
    I just keep my entire EVO covered in bubble wrap and locked in a room, with a sign that says "Beware of Leopard". It affects ease of use, but it protects it from all danger, both real and imagined.
    That is hilarious.... Man I needed a good laugh...
  24. #24  
    Aspiring Developer's Avatar

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Carrier
    CM7

    Default

    I notice this guy still has the original film covering on his computer keyboard. Also note his mousepad.. A cracked screen. He might just be a little bit obsessive about scratches. What do you think?
  25. #25  
    ywenz's Avatar

    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

    Default

    What's the point? If you get your lens scratched it might degrade image quality, you put this stupid mod on, it will also degrade quality.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions