Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default White blotchy blob has appeared on screen.

My EVO recently developed a white blob about a quarter inch in diameter on the lcd screen. It's only visible against a light colored or white background.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to fix it without sending the unit in for repair.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

yep same here. This same crap happened with my HTC Touch. I can live with it though.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Default same here

Quote Originally Posted by krypto1300 View Post
    My EVO recently developed a white blob about a quarter inch in diameter on the lcd screen. It's only visible against a light colored or white background.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to fix it without sending the unit in for repair.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Just happened to mine a couple of days ago.

I had this happen on my HTC Touch (winmo) also. The touch screen is probably de-laminating from the LCD. It will function fine but it will get worse, if you can easily see it take it back, that is a manufacturing issue. When I took my touch in to Sprint they swore they couldn't see what was wrong but they changed the phone out anyways, Good Luck!

Stop pleasuring yourself while holding your phone.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

^^Zing! Mine has developed it, too. Even after cleanup.

Yep, I've got it too just above the menu & home buttons. I can only see it on white background and I'm using a mostly black theme so I can just live with it unless it gets worse.

ROM
    stock

i've got one in the center of my phone, its a manufacturer defect, you can see it best with a white background. there is no fix for it, its just an exchange.

Just cover your mouth/nose when you sneeze...

This has been reported for a while. I now have 2 white blobs, as you put it, on the right side of the screen and now a few on the bottom of the screen. I am in the same dilemma, do I just keep the phone or exchange it. I have had this since day one with no problems except for the white blotches. How do we know that it is not going to sooner or later happen on all the EVO's. It could be a hardware problem with HTC devices. I don't want to go through what I went through with the Pre. It took 5 phones to get a good one. If I stop by a Sprint store, maybe I will have them look at it and see what they say.

I've got one too. Only noticeable on a white screen but currently not enough for me to warrant trying to get an exchange. Maybe in a few months if it gets worse.