Camera flash too bright! Any fix without rooting?

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyway to have the camera not flash so bright? If I'm out and take pics with the flash, anyone within 5-8 feet are almost completely whitewashed because this thing is like 1,000,000 candle power LOL

Is there an app? I am kinda answering my own question by thinking root is necessary so an app can access the flash led's api, but google goggles reduces the brightness of the flash till its at the right level so why can't that be done for just taking normal pics?

spepi

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
i agree 100%...outside pictures are great, but when you need a flash, most phones dont have the flash to do the trick...the EVO on the other hand...if I got lost in the woods, all I would have to do it turn on the flash light, and the search parties would find me within seconds....

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
i agree 100%...outside pictures are great, but when you need a flash, most phones dont have the flash to do the trick...the EVO on the other hand...if I got lost in the woods, all I would have to do it turn on the flash light, and the search parties would find me within seconds....

Lmao...

Lowering the ISO tends to help a lot since it's not going to capture as much light.

acasali24

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
ok after reading your posting i started messing with the camera and i found out that by puting the Brightness at -1 & puting the ISO at 400 fixes the problem . you can extend out your arm and take a pic of you with the flash on and pic dose NOT come out White ! try it and let me know how it works . acasali24 from Miami , Fl.

Reactions: RickMG and jinxltd

acasali24

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Camera flash too bright! Any fix without rooting? YES

Open your Cam and set your Brightness to -1 and in settings set your ISO to 400 and it should take care of close self pics or others comming out white ! ! ! acasali24 from Miami, Fl. :)

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Along camera usability lines, how come we don't have an app that works w/ the front facing camera to give some light. All that would be required is a split screen b/w a pure white for added lighting, and the other half for a view finder.

Calling all devs: can we get this?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

LMAO!! That is so true!

At least we can take pictures in complete darkness and make it look like it was a well lit room :p