Silly question....

ReggieTee

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
How in the heck does one set a custom ringtone for SMS/MMS? I could do this before I rooted but only the default ringtones show up in my notification sound options. Please help. Thanks.

Sent from your mom's HTC Evo 4G

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I use ringdroid to make my custom ringtones and once I've finish making my ringtone it ask where I would like to send it...either notifications or ringtone then you look where you selected and its there. Ringdroid is an app that allows you to make ringtones on your phone using your mp3's. I also use a app to get all the free mp3's I want right from my phone.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You can just put the mp3 (or mid file) in the correct folder on your SD card.

In your SD card, make the following folders (if they don't already exist).

media/audio/alarms - put your custom alarm sounds in this folder
media/audio/notifications - put your custom notification sounds in this folder
media/audio/ringtones - put your custom ringtones in this folder

Then they will show up in the appropriate sound list.

In this case, you would want to put them in the "notifications" folder.

Last edited:

ReggieTee

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to you all. I thought something went wrong with my Root. I was able to set notifications before, may have deleted something by accident.

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
nebilim

Actually what he SAID is that he uses ringdroid to create ringtones from mp3's that he already currently has on his phone

If u read with a little more diligence u will notice he says he "ALSO USES A APP" that let's him dl all the free mp3's he wants ... he did not specify as to exactly which app that was....

so before u open ur mouth in an attempt to condescend, it would behoove u to pay a little better attention to the details

I Love my Evo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech