asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Screenshot_2011-12-27-17-11-26.png

lebronjames316

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
signature_Amz.jpg

HTC EVO 4G takes screenshots like a champ, and it does it without needing any root access. Rather than have you jump through a couple of hoops, and install the Android SDK in order to get screenshots, the Evo 4G parts with most of the Android pack and allows you to capture your current as a picture.

So what do you need to do to be able to take screenshots on your EVO? It?s simple really. Go into the Android Market and download an application called ShootMe. Once it?s installed, all you need to do is goto where you want your screenshot to be taken, and give the phone a good shake. You?ll hear a camera shot sound, and you?re done. The screenshots are saved into your SD card in the ShootMe folder. Ta Da. While it?s not the most important thing you?ll ever do with your phone, enough people have requested this option, so it?s nice to see that this application works for the EVO.

If you do happen to have root on your device, the ShootMe app should work just fine for you too. The dev who created ShootMe found an exploit in the Android 1.5, which enables root users to take screenshots. As for the EVO, we?re not actually sure why it has the capability without root access.

This comes at a good time for those potential EVO buyers who would want this feature, although it shouldn?t be a deal breaker if you couldn?t. Thanks to a huge display and processing power coming out of every port, this will be the Android phone that absolutely floors all devices on the market today. For now, at least.

I?d be preordering this thing if I didn?t already have one, but more so if it came with Android 2.2. I wish the resolution on the display was higher, as sometimes certain things look washed out, especially when I have the Nexus One side by side to it. But hey, the Nexus One sure can?t take screenshots without root. Point, Supersonic.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Like to theme my homescreen for the season. Who doesn't like a sexy witch (besides my gf)?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351456377684.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351456377684.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 44