Evo screen shots

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Still interested in your main set jerzy. Haha

When I was on 1.3a my main was set to 1152 Max 128 Min. But I had profiles for every situation including a profile from 31% battery to 100%. So my main basically reflected the 31%-100% profile I set that you can see in the other post.. Worked wonders.. But..

Now I'm on VaelPak 2.0. It's pure nastiness. I've tried CM6, I tried another Sense Rom that I can't even remember it's name and personally VaelPak owns. EVERYTHING works INCLUDING HDMA AND 4G which really turned me off about CM. It's also a lot more stable with the VaelPak rom's I've tried. More than a week and I've only gotten 1 force close which is better than when I was stock lol. With the Kings BFS#8 kernel I can actually o/c to 1190 (as you can see in my last snapshot ;) ) and so far it's been REALLY stable. But it's tricky because it'll let you o/c to much higher than that, but as soon as it goes to 1228 it locks. I'm gonna mess around with the profiles though to get a good balance or performance and battery life like I was with the previous ROM/Kernel combo I had. I THINK this kernel allows undervolting too. If it does it's a wrap lol..

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Ya I heard that king let's you under volt but Idk if I wanna mess with all that. Haha let me know how vp worksvout tho im willing to give it a shot. Its not sense based right?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Ya I heard that king let's you under volt but Idk if I wanna mess with all that. Haha let me know how vp worksvout tho im willing to give it a shot. Its not sense based right?

everything is sense based besides cm6. But you won't see or feel any sense or sense related things, besides what's needed for full functionality. I like vaelpack too ha

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
everything is sense based besides cm6. But you won't see or feel any sense or sense related things, besides what's needed for full functionality. I like vaelpack too ha

Yup. Sense based, but has tons of the Sense stuff gone. No Sense widgets, you can use the AOSP dialer, messenger, contacts page etc etc. The concept of the ROM is to be as Senseless as possible I believe the next update is going to go AOSP with the graphics too like the notification bar icons n stuff as well. It's an awsome ROM. CM6 is GREAT too but I go on 4G every so often when I'm in JC. I also like the overall feel of Sense too. But that's just personal preference. What I like the most about the VaelPak series of ROM's is he takes practical steps towards eliminating the Sense stuff. Instead of just eliminating a bunch of stuff and possibly making it unstable and not knowing where the instability is coming from he takes a few things out then releases a rom. Removes more, releases a rom. It helps out a lot and definitely contributes to the stability of the rom because if he takes something out and suddenly its unstable, he knows the small amount of stuff removed and can backtrack and fix extremely fast usually within a few hours. I'd say go for it and give it a shot. You wont be disappointed.

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Idk...I feel so used to Cm6 Haha
And I don't have 4G in la yet...6.1 should have the ability.
I just really hate backing up my sd. Haha

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Idk...I feel so used to Cm6 Haha
And I don't have 4G in la yet...6.1 should have the ability.
I just really hate backing up my sd. Haha

Lol ya backing up and starting from scratch is really annoying. No matter what I do I swear I feel like I lose one contact just out of spite. I heard about the 4G fix. I wonder how that turns out. Hopefully it works, because they're coding that from scratch I've read whereas with the Sense based ROMS it's just there. I say give it a shot.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Blah do it for me. Haha
Wat would I be gaining by doing it

Stability. Really really really good stability. My personal experience in the almost 1 day I had CM6 was it was nowhere near as stable as VaelPak. If it wasn't a force close something didn't work. It was annoying. I've had one force close, and literally everything works with this rom. I've yet to have one moment of lag either. It's awesome

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
It takes me 30 mins to set up from a full wipe on another Rom ..

Vaelpak over cm6.. I dunno, I really like cm6, but if you need full functionality vaelpak wins. 4G hdmi and all that works and works well.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
But the only fc I get is when I quit asphalt5 other than that everything is golden
Sell me on it

Ahh.. In that case it's personal preference. Do you like the complete complete complete AOSP or would you like Sense but with a lot of AOSP. It'll be even more AOSP in the next update. If you're stable then that's awesome. From my experience, and from a lot of what I've read CM tends to have more issues than I think other roms. Again, I can be totally off but I'm basing it on my experience and from what I've been reading. I was hooked on the benchmarks that CM gets but again, wasn't stable enough for me and had too many issues. I also like Sense, but I also like how most of the Sense stuff is gone. it's hard to explain lol

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Ahh.. In that case it's personal preference. Do you like the complete complete complete AOSP or would you like Sense but with a lot of AOSP. It'll be even more AOSP in the next update. If you're stable then that's awesome. From my experience, and from a lot of what I've read CM tends to have more issues than I think other roms. Again, I can be totally off but I'm basing it on my experience and from what I've been reading. I was hooked on the benchmarks that CM gets but again, wasn't stable enough for me and had too many issues. I also like Sense, but I also like how most of the Sense stuff is gone. it's hard to explain lol

cm6 is realllly stable for me. I haven't got a fc yet :confused:

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
For 1 idk wth aosp even is. Haha
Sense is cool...I guess but its not like I really miss anything about it. Maybe im just uninformed on something major?
No 4G yet and don't even use hdmi out.
Cm6 is stable now...im not running nightlys
From the sound of it vp has a nightly system? Idk if I wanna go back to that

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
cm6 is realllly stable for me. I haven't got a fc yet :confused:

Hmm... Possibly something weird happened when it was flashing? I got about 5 force closes within a few hours with Vignette, gallery, battery use and two others, can't remember..

For 1 idk wth aosp even is. Haha
Sense is cool...I guess but its not like I really miss anything about it. Maybe im just uninformed on something major?
No 4G yet and don't even use hdmi out.
Cm6 is stable now...im not running nightlys
From the sound of it vp has a nightly system? Idk if I wanna go back to that

Basically AOSP is the bare bones of Android, like what you get with a Nexus 1. They have their differences, but I can't think of any off the to of my head. It has a different feel. Hard to explain.. If you don't use 4g, don't use HDMI, and your CM6 is stable, stick with it unless you want to be curious. VP doesn't have a nightly system, thank god. There's been 6 versions. But with each version he takes small-medium steps in eliminating certain stuff so if there's any issues it's easier to track down the culprit. I believe only 2 versions required a wipe. I refuse to do a nightly system lol.

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Ya something must have gone bad for you cuz I use all that and no fcs. I think im just gunna stick with my Cm6. First rom I ever put on and works. I might have to get u back to the darkside. Haha
I just need to find something to help out with the batt life

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Aosp - android open source project. Basically its made from googles open source code only, with no manufacturer or carrier stuff.

Last edited:

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I'll be dropping the aosp :p

snap20100906_152710.png