Replacement Evo, Won't activate.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Well got my replacement Evo finally, 2.1 also. But sprint can't get it to activate, they tried 2 different units and it says it went OK but it doesn't change in system. Tried to reactivate my old one and that won't work also. They called it in and they couldn't get it activated either, they opened a trouble ticket and said to wait. I have a feeling I won't have a phone for the long weekend. I told him to try an Epic just for the hell of it, he didn't think that was funny.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Well got my replacement Evo finally, 2.1 also. But sprint can't get it to activate, they tried 2 different units and it says it went OK but it doesn't change in system. Tried to reactivate my old one and that won't work also. They called it in and they couldn't get it activated either, they opened a trouble ticket and said to wait. I have a feeling I won't have a phone for the long weekend. I told him to try an Epic just for the hell of it, he didn't think that was funny.

Sue them.

cmacelis

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Where they able to put in esn # in there system? If so do a Hard reset on the phone, that should get it to activate, if not do a manual program on the phone if u know your MSL

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Where they able to put in esn # in there system? If so do a Hard reset on the phone, that should get it to activate, if not do a manual program on the phone if u know your MSL

The computer prints out a receipt that says it went through but if you check in the system it doesn't. The guy on the phone says it's a provisioning issue that is above both of them. I wonder if it's because it was a Google I/O phone from the conference and then switched over to my account on launch day.

cmacelis

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I would call ATS (Advanced Tech support) they can get a live chat session with the provisioning team to get u up and running the same day. Hope u get it activated soon.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have the number for ATS? I dread calling the regular Sprint number.

I would call ATS (Advanced Tech support) they can get a live chat session with the provisioning team to get u up and running the same day. Hope u get it activated soon.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

twister17e

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Glad you got your Evo activated. I had trouble getting my Google I/O EVO activated as well. That free month of service kept causing Sprint to say the ESN wasn't clear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12