Best fav people widget for phoning?

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
What's the best & nicest looking way to put 6 or 8 icons for people I call the most?

For example, I have Mom-Home & Mom-Cell.

Some people widgets don't let you have separate icons for different numbers.

I'm open to a rolodex style thing, maybe, though I really like the separate icon's I've created using shortcuts. The only problem is it doesn't look very good.

Of course, I'd want to be able to associate pictures to the contacts.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I use Multicon and stick four direct dial shortcuts on one icon. The only hitch is that the regular shortcut on a home screen automatically dials the number, but if you launch from Multicon, it opens the phone app and you have to press Call.

Still, I do like having these four speed dials on my main homescreen without taking up 25% of the space.

While this is the best solution for me, perhaps it isn't the nicest looking.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
CobraVision: Multicon is cool, I can see me using that for apps (maybe hard to distinguish contacts), but potentially very handy!!

Thanks!

Mike

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Just one multicon question:

if you create a 4x4 multicon, and you assign all 4 apps to it, how do you edit it later? (if you want to change out one of the 4)

Would I really have to delete it and recreate it?

-Mike

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
figured it out: have to click an un-assigned multicon and then click edit more. It then highlights in red every multicon on every page and you can edit any/all of them.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
figured it out: have to click an un-assigned multicon and then click edit more. It then highlights in red every multicon on every page and you can edit any/all of them.

I don't currently use Multicon, but IIRC you can also open it from the app drawer and get to the edit button.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have an entire row on my main home screen that is made up of Multicon Widgets. That's an entire screen's worth of icons in one row. Multicon is awesome. It would be even more awesome if you could put them in folders.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a million for the multicon tip. I now have 24 of my favorite apps/settings on my home screen.

No more endless scrolling left & right & left & right to find the app I want.

Truly awesome!

Mike

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae