Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question GOOGLE Voice Question

OK i have a google voice number... i plan on using it as my home number. i have the calls being forwarded to both my cell and my wifes. i guess my question is, if i make calls with the google # what does it cost? I am just confused as to how the whole google voice thing works. i was going to use it just to recieve calls and so that i dont have to give out my personal cell number for everything.

will cost you nothing, although when making calls to other cell phone#'s mobile to mobile does not apply. your minutes will be used just as if you were calling a landline. It's because it first gets routed through Google's servers then to the mobile # you dialed. THe only downside in my opinion to using Google Voice exclusively to dial out. You can set it up to prompt you to choose Google or Sprint to dial out but for me it was annoying. i go Google Voice only.

I personally have the family share plan and we've never used more than 1/2 of our 1500 minutes. But something to consider.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

Default Re: GOOGLE Voice Question

The only reason that I don't use GV as my primary number is that you cannot receive mms at all.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk
    Send files between your Android and your PC with Dropbox - Click here
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

thanks. so whats that 10 cents that they give you for? international calls?

Quote Originally Posted by blackempire21084 View Post
    thanks. so whats that 10 cents that they give you for? international calls?
    Correct
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

For some reason, I get 2 calls from every caller if I ignore their initial call. Anybody else notice this?

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

I also got two calls at one time. I will look in to the Menu and try to fix this.