1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Talking My EVO Top 10 List

After about a week using my new EVO, I'm still impressed. It's already replaced my heavily used PocketPC for business and task management, and so far Sprint service in my area (SoCal) is good, though 4G isn't here yet.

So, I thought I'd make a list of my top 10 EVO features. And for those of you who chose the EVO at least partly to silence the occasionally insufferable Apple iPhone fans, all of the features in my list are notably absent from the iPhone.

My TOP TEN LIST:

1) The EVO's spacious 4.3" display (especially for those of us with less than perfect vision)
    2) Customization and HTC Sense
    3) Google Googles and Sky Map
    4) Voice Actions - way cool
    5) Sprint network, less dropped calls
    6) No iTunes (Sorry, iTunes is permanently banned from my PCs)
    7) Widgets
    8) Simple and smooth multitasking
    9) Replaceable battery
    10) Flash (Yeah, iPhone users love to say they don't miss it, but I prefer to see sites as they were INTENDED to be viewed)

What's in your list?
    Thanked by:

all the above + EVO

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tiggrev View Post
    After about a week using my new EVO, I'm still impressed. It's already replaced my heavily used PocketPC for business and task management, and so far Sprint service in my area (SoCal) is good, though 4G isn't here yet.

So, I thought I'd make a list of my top 10 EVO features. And for those of you who chose the EVO at least partly to silence the occasionally insufferable Apple iPhone fans, all of the features in my list are notably absent from the iPhone.

My TOP TEN LIST:

1) The EVO's spacious 4.3" display (especially for those of us with less than perfect vision)
    2) Customization and HTC Sense
    3) Google Googles and Sky Map
    4) Voice Actions - way cool
    5) Sprint network, less dropped calls
    6) No iTunes (Sorry, iTunes is permanently banned from my PCs)
    7) Widgets
    8) Simple and smooth multitasking
    9) Replaceable battery
    10) Flash (Yeah, iPhone users love to say they don't miss it, but I prefer to see sites as they were INTENDED to be viewed)

What's in your list?
    This is a great list. I'd probably add battery life, which has been as good (if not better) than other smartphones I've used in the past. I picked up my EVO in early June, and found that froyo seemed to improve the already good battery life.

Biggest surprises for me about EVO:
    1) Screen size: I thought it looked ungainly in pictures but when I saw it in person, I knew it was the phone for me... no more squinting to read tiny text!
    2) Coming from a NexusOne and vanilla Android, I thought I wouldn't like Sense. However, I think HTC has done a nice job in providing customizations that add to Android core functionality.

Enjoy your EVO!

coming from AT&T and Iphone 3GS, i really wanted to say less dropped calls and definitely a plan that you never have to worry about being over your mins or call at a certain time as long as its a cell phone to any carrier
    HTC EVO 4G *ROOTED*
    ROM: CyanogenMOD6 Nightlies 9/30 w/ Snapv7.6 Turbo(CFS)

I would add:

Swype
    Kick stand
    Front facing camera
    If I were never here, you would never know.

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vaelpak 2.3 Ziggy Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by chrisho View Post
    coming from AT&T and Iphone 3GS, i really wanted to say less dropped calls and definitely a plan that you never have to worry about being over your mins or call at a certain time as long as its a cell phone to any carrier
    Amen brother. I came from AT&T and a Iphone 3GS too.
    HTC Evo 4G running OTA 3.70.651.5 (Rooted) with Netarchy SBC Kernel 4.2.2

Number 5. Yeah right. Their 3G coverage sucks and very slow. 4G is a joke.
    Number 6. iTunes is the best man nothin beats it.
    HTC Evo 4G 2.2

CUSTOM PC:
    INTEL Q9550 E0|ASUS P5E|EVGA GTX 480|EVGA 9800GTX|MUSHKIN 4GB|X-FI TITANIUM|RAPTORS|CORSAIR HX1000W|WINDOWS 7 X64|HANNSPREE 28" HDMI|ANTEC 1200 MODDED|CORSAIR H50

Default Re: My EVO Top 10 List

Quote Originally Posted by NokiaNokia View Post
    Number 5. Yeah right. Their 3G coverage sucks and very slow. 4G is a joke.
    Number 6. iTunes is the best man nothin beats it.
    I have had better coverage in my area then at&t and verizon combined. I have full 4g coverage in my house, even in the basement. I took an iphone and my evo, both with the speedtest.net application and ran a test simultainiously. The iphone pulled 1.3mbps, while my evo, with full 4g pulled 5.1 mbps. 4g a joke? I think not

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

hey there this is my list (in order of what I can remember off the top of my head. It's past midnight where I live... so, yeah. need some sleepy time. lol.)

1. Keyboard. Love the touchscreen keyboard. Very responsive and accurate.

2. Camera. Alot of people are complaining about it. I love it, though. Does what it needs to do very well.

3. Voice actions. AWESOME. 'Nuff said.

4. App market. There are some really cool AND FREE apps out there. Love the art related apps since I am an art student.

5. SCREEN. SCREEN. SCREEN. Did I say SCREEN? lol. I can SEE what I am reading. Wondrous feeling.

6. FAST. I like my cars fast, and I like my phones fast.

7. Facebook. I really enjoy using Facebook on the Evo. The Pre was horrid with Facebook. HORRID.

8. Internet. Web pages are AWESOME (and there's Flash!!)

9. Crystal clear call quality. I love Sprint. Great signal. Great plans.

10. Customization. I love how I can customize the Evo to fit my life. This is very important to me.

** and I thought I'd add this: LED Flashlight. There is a stock app that allows the LED flash to be used as a FLASHLIGHT!?!?!?! Epic. I love it. It's probably something many people overlook, but I think it is quite handy.**

there is my list, in no particular order. Enjoy your Evos everybody!!
    "Paint to live. Live to paint."

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Great list...I JUST LOVE MY EVO

all hail the Evo
    Send Files to your phone wirelessly with Dropbox on Andriod.http://db.tt/TAOyhtq

its 4G coverage is a joke not the speed. by the way, its a half-assed 4G, a joke in itself.
    HTC Evo 4G 2.2

CUSTOM PC:
    INTEL Q9550 E0|ASUS P5E|EVGA GTX 480|EVGA 9800GTX|MUSHKIN 4GB|X-FI TITANIUM|RAPTORS|CORSAIR HX1000W|WINDOWS 7 X64|HANNSPREE 28" HDMI|ANTEC 1200 MODDED|CORSAIR H50

T-mobile's HSPA+ is faster that that piece o **** wimax.
    HTC Evo 4G 2.2

CUSTOM PC:

I was demonstrating my Evo in front of some iphone-loving relatives last night and by the time I was finished, even the most dedicated fan-boy was drooling over what my phone could do compared to theirs. High on their envy-list was the built in Google Navigation with turn-by-turn satellite view of where you're going along with the Voice Command feature. I long pressed the search button, said, "Map of Sacramento" and voila, there it was.

All that plus they could not connect to AT&T data (we were in an out-of-the-way location) while my HTC was browsing the web via 3G with no problem. I mentioned also that the CNET comparison video between the iphone 4 and HTC Evo clearly declared the Evo the winner. That also got their attention.

I was reminded of that cartoon video put out by that Best Buy employee where the salesguy explains the superiority of the Evo but still, the customer has to have the inferior iphone because simply because it's an iphone from Apple.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by NokiaNokia View Post
    T-mobile's HSPA+ is faster that that piece o **** wimax.
    I've had T-Mobile service. I know what T-Mobile service is like at least where I live and work. Maybe it is faster where you can get a decent signal. But overall, Sprint coverage is far superior to anything T-Mobile has going on right now.

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Google Voice