- 72 Posts
My EVO Top 10 List
After about a week using my new EVO, I'm still impressed. It's already replaced my heavily used PocketPC for business and task management, and so far Sprint service in my area (SoCal) is good, though 4G isn't here yet.
So, I thought I'd make a list of my top 10 EVO features. And for those of you who chose the EVO at least partly to silence the occasionally insufferable Apple iPhone fans, all of the features in my list are notably absent from the iPhone.
My TOP TEN LIST:
1) The EVO's spacious 4.3" display (especially for those of us with less than perfect vision)
2) Customization and HTC Sense
3) Google Googles and Sky Map
4) Voice Actions - way cool
5) Sprint network, less dropped calls
6) No iTunes (Sorry, iTunes is permanently banned from my PCs)
8) Simple and smooth multitasking
9) Replaceable battery
10) Flash (Yeah, iPhone users love to say they don't miss it, but I prefer to see sites as they were INTENDED to be viewed)
What's in your list?
- 09-04-2010, 04:43 PM #2
- 09-04-2010, 06:29 PM #3
Biggest surprises for me about EVO:
1) Screen size: I thought it looked ungainly in pictures but when I saw it in person, I knew it was the phone for me... no more squinting to read tiny text!
2) Coming from a NexusOne and vanilla Android, I thought I wouldn't like Sense. However, I think HTC has done a nice job in providing customizations that add to Android core functionality.
Enjoy your EVO!
- 09-04-2010, 08:08 PM #4
- 09-04-2010, 08:51 PM #5
- 09-04-2010, 09:43 PM #6
- 09-05-2010, 12:14 AM #7
- 09-05-2010, 12:58 AM #8
Re: My EVO Top 10 List
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
- 09-05-2010, 01:16 AM #9
hey there this is my list (in order of what I can remember off the top of my head. It's past midnight where I live... so, yeah. need some sleepy time. lol.)
1. Keyboard. Love the touchscreen keyboard. Very responsive and accurate.
2. Camera. Alot of people are complaining about it. I love it, though. Does what it needs to do very well.
3. Voice actions. AWESOME. 'Nuff said.
4. App market. There are some really cool AND FREE apps out there. Love the art related apps since I am an art student.
5. SCREEN. SCREEN. SCREEN. Did I say SCREEN? lol. I can SEE what I am reading. Wondrous feeling.
6. FAST. I like my cars fast, and I like my phones fast.
7. Facebook. I really enjoy using Facebook on the Evo. The Pre was horrid with Facebook. HORRID.
8. Internet. Web pages are AWESOME (and there's Flash!!)
9. Crystal clear call quality. I love Sprint. Great signal. Great plans.
10. Customization. I love how I can customize the Evo to fit my life. This is very important to me.
** and I thought I'd add this: LED Flashlight. There is a stock app that allows the LED flash to be used as a FLASHLIGHT!?!?!?! Epic. I love it. It's probably something many people overlook, but I think it is quite handy.**
there is my list, in no particular order. Enjoy your Evos everybody!!
- 09-05-2010, 01:16 AM #10
- 09-05-2010, 02:09 AM #11
- 09-05-2010, 03:56 AM #12
- 09-05-2010, 04:00 AM #13
- 09-05-2010, 12:20 PM #14
I was demonstrating my Evo in front of some iphone-loving relatives last night and by the time I was finished, even the most dedicated fan-boy was drooling over what my phone could do compared to theirs. High on their envy-list was the built in Google Navigation with turn-by-turn satellite view of where you're going along with the Voice Command feature. I long pressed the search button, said, "Map of Sacramento" and voila, there it was.
All that plus they could not connect to AT&T data (we were in an out-of-the-way location) while my HTC was browsing the web via 3G with no problem. I mentioned also that the CNET comparison video between the iphone 4 and HTC Evo clearly declared the Evo the winner. That also got their attention.
I was reminded of that cartoon video put out by that Best Buy employee where the salesguy explains the superiority of the Evo but still, the customer has to have the inferior iphone because simply because it's an iphone from Apple.
- 09-05-2010, 12:22 PM #15
- 09-05-2010, 12:51 PM #16