Is it possible to move song files to the phone

onixblack

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Ive looked in different threads of this forum but none really answer my question so I need help. I have an EVO and it WILL not let me get in the phone as USB drive. It only lets me do that when I mount the SD card to the disk drive. What Im trying to do is save personally created ringtones and notification sounds to the phone itself. Now it lets me see the SD card and that great but I want the files in the phone itself that way theres no lag time to mount the SD card when restarting the phone.

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
You can only put files on the SD card unless you ROOT the phone which gives you access to the file system.
In your case the location you actually want to copy the files to is \system\media\ringtones and \system\media\notifications which are not accessible unless you ROOT.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Save the sounds to the SD card then use a app called file manager and move the sounds from the SD card to the phone. You don't have direct access to the phones internal memory when you plug it to a computer, but with the file manager app you can browse both the SD card and phones memory. I hope this was close to what you were looking for.

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Save the sounds to the SD card then use a app called file manager and move the sounds from the SD card to the phone. You don't have direct access to the phones internal memory when you plug it to a computer, but with the file manager app you can browse both the SD card and phones memory. I hope this was close to what you were looking for.

Are you sure about this? I have ES file explorer installed and prior to being Rooted I couldn't see any files or sub folders in the \System directory.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Ive looked in different threads of this forum but none really answer my question so I need help. I have an EVO and it WILL not let me get in the phone as USB drive. It only lets me do that when I mount the SD card to the disk drive. What Im trying to do is save personally created ringtones and notification sounds to the phone itself. Now it lets me see the SD card and that great but I want the files in the phone itself that way theres no lag time to mount the SD card when restarting the phone.
Make your song into an mp3 file, download it into your Android Music app through Tunesync or some other such application, then it should show up in the Ringtone list of tunes available for that purpose.

It worked for me but I'm not sure that's what you are looking for.

onixblack

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
File managing

Im using Astro right mow and it wont let me copy it to that folder. but it lets me see the folder...

sprintgirl

Apr 25, 2010
forum.ppcgeeks.com
The ringtones and notifications will show up in the regular menu if you organize the folders on your memory card the following way:

Media <- main folder
(inside media create the following 3 folders)
Ringtones
Alarms
Notifications

do not abbreviate, make the folders exactly that and any songs you drop into the folders will show up in the menu when you go to set your ringtones.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: kingjah2gz

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1