battery gets hot / over heats?

GoTTi

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
i downloaded and installed a battery monitor app and it comes with a temperature reading of the battery. i dont know if it is accurate, but i do know that when i have the evo plugged in, or just out in the area with the hot sunny days we are having here in so-cal, the battery temp shows like 100* - 120* sometimes. and when its at like 115*-120* it shows a "overheat" notice on the battery app that is running. the back of the phone is hot also, like it is actually that hot. i dont kow if it is 100 degrees or more, but thats what this app is showing, and the phone is hot.

anyone else have this issue? its kinda annoying and concerns me. i dont want this thing to explode in my hand or something...

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
You want to feel hot? run the Navigation app for 45min as you go somewhere ;)

I'm pretty sure the battery getting hot is normal when the phone is in use for a certain amount of time. my iPhone got warm too when I was playing games on it.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You want to feel hot? run the Navigation app for 45min as you go somewhere ;)

I'm pretty sure the battery getting hot is normal when the phone is in use for a certain amount of time. my iPhone got warm too when I was playing games on it.

lol.... Yeah I have the car dock for my EVO... I was going to use the Navigation App and replace my Garmin... Yeah she gets pretty hot on a 2 hour drive.. I ended up switching back to my Garmin for navigation even though I honestly love the Google Maps Nav App...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance