Has anyone tried the roam app for 3.99 in the market?

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I know you have to be rooted but for those that have rooted let me know if anyone has used the roam only app. I am curious to know if it works as well as the roam only patch on the pre.

willsurg#AC

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I also came from the pre and have not found an equivallent patch. I saw this in the market a week ago and it was only 2 stars, I check now after you mentioned it on the boards and the the reviews have improved. seems fishy. I will download this on tuesday when I go to work and an in sprint siberia. I;ll be able to tell if the radio stops looking for a signal and just lockes on to the verizon tower next door and I'll report back tuesday evening. that is unless someone else can vouch for the program before then.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I have it. It works, but I'm not sure I pull a data signal with it switched to roam. I haven't been anywhere lately where the phone automatically switches to roam, so I'm not sure if it's an issue with the app or my ROM.

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought it and an trying it out. At the cabin and roaming 100% of the time :)

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I rooted my ego and bought the patch and now for sure I don't miss anything about the pre! It works just like the pre patch did and saves battery life when there is a bad Sprint signal. Well worth every penny, just awesome.

chris4404

May 13, 2010
Visit site
It depends on your plan, but its safe to say if you have an EVO there are no domestic roaming charges. Go to Canada or Mexico and it's another story.

jeffreykime

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried the app and it wouldn't load on my rooted Evo. I have a rooted Froyo rom currently on my phone. Everytime it tried to install it would restart my phone. I tried 4 times and then finally gave up and got a refund on the app. Anyone else having success on froyo with it? I would love to have this option as well.

jeffreykime

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
The app developer got back to me via email and I tried it again. It worked perfectly this time for me. I was able to force roam with no effort. All it required was restarting the phone.

This is going to be a godsend at work. My service is a little sketchy in the office.

I would highly recommend. Remember you need root for this.

willsurg#AC

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey just wanted to confirm that the app does as advertised, just like I had the patch on the palm pre. forced roaming at work, no radio constaly searching for a sprint tower and battery life spared a bit from not having to search.