No sound on some videos

vmmatty

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I've got an Evo running 2.2 and I'm having an issue with video playback. Specifically any videos sent to me from my wife's phone (Samsung Exclaim) show the video but have no audio. They play just fine on my old Palm Pre and also on the computer but on the Evo they don't play audio.

Videos taken with the Pre or from the Evo itself have no issue with audio playback. It seems to be only from my wife's phone. Those files are in .3g2 format whereas those from the Pre are in .mp4.

Has anyone seen this issue or have suggestions? I tried a few video players from the Market and they all have the same problem. I'd be willing to buy a video player if I knew it supported .3g2. I know I can convert them on the PC but that doesn't help when my wife emails me a video of my son doing something cute and I'm not in front of a computer to convert it.

Thanks in advance.

sprintgirl

Apr 25, 2010
forum.ppcgeeks.com
sorry you haven't gotten a response...I don't really use video playback on my phone for anything. But you could check your wife's phone to see if she has options to save as a different format. just an idea. if it doesn't help consider it a bump. :)

fuzzrock

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
same here with the htc evo Shift...

April 29, 2011:

I just bought the HTC Evo Shift and put in the micro-SD from my previous phone with
pictures and video. The video plays but with no audio.

Does anyone know the solution to this or if HTC and/or Google is aware and working on this?

Thanks

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Try using Rockplayer app to play it.

April 29, 2011:

I just bought the HTC Evo Shift and put in the micro-SD from my previous phone with
pictures and video. The video plays but with no audio.

Does anyone know the solution to this or if HTC and/or Google is aware and working on this?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze