Is there any way to have a "silent" setting but one exception in contacts?

fsomers

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Is there any app or setting so that I can silence all sounds/alerts except for my girlfriend's ringer and notifications for when I go to sleep? I was able to do this on my BlackBerry. None of the profile apps I've seen seem to let you do this.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I use Auto Ring and Missed Call for Android 2.x , which combined will allow calls from select people to ring (even if my phone is in silent).

The Miss Call app will then chirp every 5 minutes so if I'm in the shower, and don't hear it, I won't miss urgent calls.

These two apps solve the problem perfectly for me.

I find my EVO so much more functional than my iphone.

Good luck!

Mike

fsomers

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I use Auto Ring and Missed Call for Android 2.x , which combined will allow calls from select people to ring (even if my phone is in silent).

The Miss Call app will then chirp every 5 minutes so if I'm in the shower, and don't hear it, I won't miss urgent calls.

These two apps solve the problem perfectly for me.

I find my EVO so much more functional than my iphone.

Good luck!

Mike

Mike - does it do the same for notifications as well as calls? I'm just looking to make sure my g/f can text me after I go to bed. Simple, yet so crucial for me. I'm going to try those two apps as well though. This is make or break time for me to decide if I want to keep the Evo or go back to the BlackBerry

Answered that myself - thank you!

Last edited:

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Can you not make the default ring "silent" and then assign a specific ring in the contacts for each non silent?