3 months with the EVO = A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
My first smart phone was the palm pre. I loved it until it slowly started to loose its oomf. My 2 years ended and I was up for an upgrade. I had my eye on the Evo. Purchased it on day 1. This was my first Android device. I'm now 3 months in and I must say, this phone is an A +.... all the features on this phone are just, Wow. So yeah. Just wanted to give a shout out and share the love.

Also, I picked up an epic at the Sprint store today and played with it for a couple minutes. Not a fan. Felt really light and plastic like. The screen. Looked nice and all but it had this fake look to it. Wasn't a fan of that either. The keyboard was okay but I found myself uncomfortably reaching for the keys when I typed. And I didn't like the UI. I'm used to HTC sense. I think sense UI is a winner...

mmcnamara43

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
You know i have to agree with ya. I also played with the Epic. .felt real cheap to me, maybe its just me but i love my Evo more everyday.

dberdusco

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
My evo is my baby and everyone in my family knows it they baby it and hug and we call it george.......see my kids watch disney channel and the teenager love the fact that she can have internet everywhere on her ipod and BTW she wants a tablet so well see for Christmas but the evo is boss at my house!!!!!!

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the way the Epic feels. I have played with a couple now (best buy, radio shack, the sprint corp stores) I can't see that slider holding up over a long abusive period of time. The one at best buy was really really loose! Plus it felt and looked more like a toy. That was when I realized how heavy our EVO's are.. I like that solid feel.

Evo is an amazing phone. I agree. HTC sense is a winner. I think it's the best UI out. I don't like motoblur or what ever the heck it's called on the droid x. Don't want an i-phone look i.e. touch wiz..

Glad to hear after 3 months you still love the EVO.

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife just got an Epic, and I think the Evo's HTC Sense is an easier UI to use. I'm almost two months into Evo ownership myself (hard to believe it's been that long already!) and I just love mine to death, even with the awful battery life. I will give the Epic a plus for the AMOLED screen. The colors are more vibrant. I almost waited for the Epic but am glad I got the Evo. I don't think I would like having to go thru the trouble of rotating the phone then sliding it open to use the keyboard.

bnrbranding

May 31, 2010
Visit site
So I don't wanna knock the phone cuz I love mine as well but is it just me who likes it better without sense?
Sense is a pretty decent UI, but like any UI it does slow things down. Once I rooted I went with CM6 and I love it. Smooth as silk and FAST! It wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to go back to sense, but I love me some AOSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781