one extra bright white section on Evo screen

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
As the display is one piece I believe they do replace whole thing so that should take care of your crack as well. I cannot say for sure until I get mine back in a few hours.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure when they replaced mine yesterday, it was the entire front screen. She(tech lady, she was great) said she had to replace the earpiece also, because it was attached to the screen itself. Hopefully your store is as good as the Sprint store I had mine fixed. Good luck.

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Just picked up the kid and she is prettier then ever. The replacement screen actually looks more vibrant then the original and yes from the looks of it they replaced the entire front panel.

johnboi85

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the same white spots on my EVO as well and I've had it since launch day in June. I just called the nearest Sprint store and they told me they can't do anything about it since the white spots don't physically do any damage to the phone. I told the tech guy that some members on this forum are getting their screens replaced at no charge under warranty but he told me that they were told to stop replacing them. What should I do? Replacement by them would cost $120 or is it better to contact HTC?

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Try a different store. That is what I had to do. Technically it could lead to physical damage to your phone. They are hot spots from overheating and my guess is they could lead to the screen cracking. Just say you are doing preventative maintenance.

And remember make sure they are a Sprint Corporate Store. Even if you see a big Sprint logo on the outside of the building doesn't always mean it's corporate. Some may be affiliates or referred dealers. When you do a location search on their site it should just say "Sprint Store" and not anything like "Sprint Store By Sg Wireless" for example.

exposition

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
And remember make sure they are a Sprint Corporate Store. Even if you see a big Sprint logo on the outside of the building doesn't always mean it's corporate. Some may be affiliates or referred dealers. When you do a location search on their site it should just say "Sprint Store" and not anything like "Sprint Store By Sg Wireless" for example.

Sadly, the store that refused me was a Sprint Corporate store. I'll call around, though.

copperavery

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh..may sound stupid, but I can't seem to find a way to make my srceen white, to see the "bloom"....not at all noticable under normal use.

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Ahhh..may sound stupid, but I can't seem to find a way to make my srceen white, to see the "bloom"....not at all noticable under normal use.

Try opening up an Internet Window and before the page loads it should be white. That or take a picture of something white like a sheet of paper and see if it shows then.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Pull down your notification window. The background is all white which should make it easier for you to see the spots.

R32_Rocky

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I seem to have the opposite problem. I have a straight horizontal 2" black streak on the upper right of my screen, starting just below the Sprint emblem. But it also shows up when the screen is off. But not sure if it is the actual screen, or my ZAGG protector. It won't rub off, and oh the hassle of removing the ZAGG just to check, then have to get it replaced, argh!!!!!

exposition

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I find it's particularly highlighted if you're looking at a forum like this. It really pops out when you scroll from a colored header to a white background.

copperavery

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Duh!!! THANKS FOR THE HELP....but, what I see is kind of like glowing around the bottom and sides of the screen, as if it's side-lit?!?!? No bloom anywhere. I don't think I would notice/care, normally. Tks, again.

R32_Rocky

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I seem to have the opposite problem. I have a straight horizontal 2" black streak on the upper right of my screen, starting just below the Sprint emblem. But it also shows up when the screen is off. But not sure if it is the actual screen, or my ZAGG protector. It won't rub off, and oh the hassle of removing the ZAGG just to check, then have to get it replaced, argh!!!!!

My problem is solved. Took it to the Sprint repair center. They were going to replace my screen, no problem. But asked that I take off my ZAGG screen, and the black judge was GONE! For some odd reason, the black sludge was UNDER the screen protector, on the sticky side. How it got there, we will never know, as it was never removed, or the edges lifted.

exposition

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Finally found a Sprint Store that could help. They took a look, saw the bright spot, and swapped out screens free of charge. It took about an hour. Not only is the white spot gone, but the backlight leakage from the hard keys is gone. The phone also feels more solid - the battery cover still creaks a little, but it's much better. That may be a coincidence.

ManxMariner

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Went to my local and only Corporate Sprint store and was told that the white spot on my screen was due to a "pressure point" and they wouldn't do anything about it by the tech. The girl trying to help me asked the tech guy twice are you sure. I told him that I read on here several people getting their screens replace. He said they would not replace that is due to a "pressure point". Any other ideas, as we only have one corporate Sprint store in my town.

aweitkemper

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue, took it into sprint, they replaced the screen, which looked great, for about 2 weeks, then I noticed it was coming back.

now I have 2 bright areas.

I suspect the issue is heat from something below the screen messing up the LCD.

I plan to take it back and have them replace it again, not sure if they will replace the whole phone this time, or just the screen again. since it always starts out fine, and then goes bad over time, I think a new screen will just do the same thing again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac