HTC EVO backup similar to Pre??

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have read other posts but I'm still unclear on the back up issues. my palm pre automatically makes a back up of my apps, calendar info, contacts and tasks. It automatically restores the data once you sign into your palm profile.

Does EVO have anything similar to this? I work in the Courts so I am constantly adding appointments etc in the phoen and if it crashed I would hate to lose everything.

If it doesn't...is there a way through an app or something to safely store the data...like on the sd card or something?

TIA

Tpain

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Your life will become easier once you sell your soul to google...

When creating a new contact, make sure you're creating a google contact instead of a phone contact. You do this by selecting "google" in the contact types dropdown box. This way you're contacts are always stored in your gmail and you'll never lose them. You can also just go into Gmail to create your contacts. The contacts will automatically pop up on your phone.

Use Google Calendar!

The app, GTasks, can sync your tasks with your Google Calendar.

The app, SMS Backup+, backs up all your text messages to your Gmail. You may also want to look into using Google Voice.

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to convert my 200 some contacts to Google contacts from phone contacts?

You could also export your contacts from your phone by clicking on the import/export option in the menu inside of the people app. Then just import that file to google contacts on your computer.

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. Damn google... argh!
I have a gmail account but I primarily use my hotmail account. can I have the gmail account for the synching and back up and use hotmail as my primary email source the phone pulls from? (if that makes sense)

anon(20944)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. Damn google... argh!
I have a gmail account but I primarily use my hotmail account. can I have the gmail account for the synching and back up and use hotmail as my primary email source the phone pulls from? (if that makes sense)

Yes, but again your life would be easier if you just used gmail as your main account. The phone gets better battery life using gmail than hotmail.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You can pull in your hotmail email into a Gmail account. So if someone sends you an email to soandso@hotmail.com, you will get it in gmail. I do this with an old hotmail act that I still use for older lists etc... from the years before Gmail existed.

hawkman610

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok, uploaded my contacts to Google Gmail. Before the 2.2 update I knew how to find the option to delete my contact lists. Now I can't find it. I found the option to deselect the phone contacts from appearing, but now I'd like to just get rid phone contacts all together so I don't have to worry about editing the wrong one, deleting the wrong one, etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis