HTC Evo ESPN web No Longer plays flash video

cjassi08

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if I am the only one with the flash issue on the ESPN web site. I used to be able to play the video content on the ESPN main website, not the mobile site video like on a PC with no problem. It used to be one thing which made having the EVO so much fun at first, now I'm no longer able to play any videos on the ESPN website. Is anyone having the same problem?

cary328is

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
What browser are you using? What version of flash are you running? You should have 10.1.92.8 for flash. All espn videos play fine for me on the non mobile full site

cjassi08

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Once I get on the main ESPN website and clique on a video, it only load and shows me the picture. No more option to clique on a play icon. I did a hard reset(everything to stock) and still have the same problem. I'm using the froyo update which gave me flash version 10.1.72.7

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
there is a new version of flash that was released for non sense devices. It didn't get cooked into the EVO update. You can find it all over the web just we search the above numbers. I downloaded over the air and used ASTRO to install. It works a bit more reliably (actually it's great!!!).

cjassi08

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, but I still can't play any video from ESPN or HBO (as it says "HBO.com is now a Flash site. Your device does not support Flash") I have attached three screenshots describing my problem from the ESPN page. Once I click on a video, it loads up and return a still image and that's it. No video playing. I used to play the same videos with no problem prior updating to the froyo 2.2

xemtra

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
hey, i had the same issue, but the problem is Mobile View is checked in the browser settings and for some reason it prevents that flash player from loading. simply uncheck mobile view and you should be right as rain.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Yep go into internet settings and make sure mobile view is unchecked. I am also on Froyo 2.2 and mine is playing with no problem.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463