Sending videos that are too large...

ferriskeanu#AC

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Trying to help my roommate whom has an EVO to send a video that he has recorded with his phone. I own a Pre and there is a patch for sending videos that allows you to send files (videos) larger than 7mb and increases it to 25mb...or is there a setting on the phone...any answers are appreciated...thank you...

ferriskeanu#AC

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I've only been able to send VERY short videos thru mms and I hate it

I have read of some apps to bypass this shortcoming. I tried doing a quick search here and even ran into a thread comparing Palm Pre patches to Androids capabilities etc...however nothing is on the level of patches that are offered by Pre. Not trying to criticize Android by the way...just mentioning this detail. Thanks for the quick response...

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I am having this problem too.... I can't send videos via messages - keep getting error message (Video is too large for message). Is there an application available in the android market that can fix this problem.

Thanks.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, it's a limit of MMS. You can try an alternate messenger, like handcent and see if it goes through.

An easy work around would be to send it up to youtube and just text the link.
Thanks - I did a little experimentation myself... and this is what I found... Changing the Encoding Type to (H.263) will allow you to send videos via messages. It then convert the video to mms file, thus allowing you to send.

Tap camera icon - either tap or pull down menu tab - tap video - then settings - then tap encoding type and change settings to H.263.

Note: If you're sending video via email - you can either change the settings back to factory default (MPEG4) or leave as is.

Reactions: 2CupsWithString

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
and this is what I found... Changing the Encoding Type to (H.263) will allow you to send videos via messages.

Probably because the maximum resolution under H.263 encoding is 352x288, so the file size would undoubtedly be smaller. Try keeping the encoding at MPEG4, and changing the resolution to that same small size, and most likely you'll be able to send the video, as well.

Last edited:

VWCC

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Search "Ravid" in the market. It works with android and the "other" smartphone....
Works great, and its free!:D:beer:

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463