How do you install the droid x keyboard on the evo??

msoprano13

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I downloaded some zip files from xda and have no clue how to install the keyboard on the evo. I have a stock rom 2.2. Do i transfer the zip files to the phone via usb and then open them?

I am clueless. any help would be great

thanks

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
They dont have the instructions on there?

add the zip file to the root of your SD.
Browse to root of sd and open with astro or some other program that allows you to open APK files and run it.

then you gotta activate it under keyboards and then go into something and switch the input method

msoprano13

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
is this keyboard going to replace my current keyboard and what do you mean by the root of the SD card. do i just put it in the download folder??

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You might wanna do some google searching before you dip into this. Its not hard, but I know when I was unsure I did some searching.

I guess you dont need to install on the root of the SD. You can prob just do it from downloads, but you will need Astro or something that will allow you to open apk files to run them.
Once you run it and install, then you go into Langauage an Keyboard and check to activate it and set whatever settings you like.
Once you do this go into a text message for example and long hold into the text input box and a pop up will come up asking for input method.
You will then select that new keyboard.

For the record, I really liked this keyboard and the HTC ime one when I was on 2.1. Since 2.2 I never went back and installed them. . . even though I should I hate the stock keyboard.

(once the keyboard is activated/installed, you can go back and forth and switch as you please by doing the input method portion again)

Hope this helps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2