do yourself a favor, dont play with a fascinate

sextonar

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
went with my g/f today as she is picking up the fascinate from verizon, I have the evo.

The display on this phone is unreal, makes my evo look like a baseball hat that has been sitting in the sunlight for a year (completely washed out). The responsiveness of the screen and scrolling is also very noticeable compared to my evo.

Ive played with the droid 2 and the droid x and non of them gave me phone envy the way the fascinate did. There is no way Im switching to the epic because i hate the slide keyboard so im sticking with the evo, just never looking at her phone lol

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I am not familar with that phone but a guy at work got the X and being that we are always in competition that is what prompted me to pay full retail for the EVO. As of now they all envy my phone, but I am sure the next best thing will be there soon.

AndroiduserT

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
One word for ya Samsung

Definition of Samsung= Dave is not interested.

Later,
Dave

that, lol

i've never owned a samsung device but from the countless forum posts/complaints and watching friends go through hell with it, i'm avoiding samsung.
my wife wants the epic. i'm considering getting it for her but at the same time, i'm thinking about the future and avoiding her complaining when her gps wont sync and capacitive buttons stop working :confused:

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
that, lol

i've never owned a samsung device but from the countless forum posts/complaints and watching friends go through hell with it, i'm avoiding samsung.
my wife wants the epic. i'm considering getting it for her but at the same time, i'm thinking about the future and avoiding her complaining when her gps wont sync and capacitive buttons stop working :confused:

Gps is fine. The cap buttons are OK, all caps are never going to be as good as hard buttons.

The only real problem with the epic is some sort of 3g/battery life bug, but that will probably get fixed along with he froyo update.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

dcfella

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Haven't seen the Fascinate, but played with all the other Galaxy S phones. I find it odd that people are saying the screen kills the Evo. It definitely has better color and black levels, but if you're surfing the net, most webpages won't look THAT much better on a galaxy S IMO.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Gps is fine. The cap buttons are OK, all caps are never going to be as good as hard buttons.

The cap buttons on the Evo are better than any hard buttons I've used. And this is coming from a guy who once considered capacitive screens to be a deal breaker.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
^^ Why did you consider capacitive screens a deal breaker? Those are whats on the all the best smart phones. I think your thinking of resistive, which meant you had to press the screen to make the touch work. Which those screens are horrid.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Believe it or not, I liked resistive screens specifically because you could use a stylus with it, and because I had terrible problems with accuracy with my wife's my iPod Touch.

If the Evo didn't have a 4.3" screen, I would never have gotten it. It was truly the biggest factor in switching over. If HTC had released the Touch HD on Sprint with WinMo, I would have gotten that instead. So I'm very, very, very glad it never happened.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Wow, does CDMA make that much of a difference?

Vibrant and Captivate = lukewarm response
Epic & Fascinate = Cures cancer

Essentially the same phone.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Read reviews....somehow all these phones have some substantial different reviews.

its like different sections of Samsung worked on each version and so little differences here and there.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Wow, does CDMA make that much of a difference?

Vibrant and Captivate = lukewarm response
Epic & Fascinate = Cures cancer

Essentially the same phone.

ATT = ****ty coveragefor 98% of americans, no coverage at all for the other 2.

TMobile = fake 4G for 5 people, no coverage anywhere else.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
ATT = ****ty coveragefor 98% of americans, no coverage at all for the other 2.

TMobile = fake 4G for 5 people, no coverage anywhere else.

LMAO this is hilarious.

They are good phones, but I still like my EVO better. I don't like Samsung. Bad reputation with support for phones. Give the screen and processor to HTC and see what they come up with.

DaveNagy

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Heh. Actually, playing with the Fascinate, and it's AT&T cousin, was what finally "pushed" me over to the Evo once and for all. I had agonized between the Evo and the Droid X for a while, but was leaning strongly towards the Evo. I didn't want to make my final decision until I had seen the Galaxy S phones. I finally got my chance, and they weren't even close. Evo by a landslide.

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
When I picked up that Epic, aside from the badass screen, all I thought of was PALM PRE. I immediately threw it down and ran to my car to grab my EVO... a well built device.

I know like 3 people with other Samsung phones that just 'died' out of nowhere... I'll pass. That said it is a cool phone for some people who enjoy that keyboard.

I'm still wondering why people keep posting these threads in the EVO forum. Obviously most of us have tried out the Epic and still kept our EVOs... hopefully that would tell you something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair