1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

Default Sense; Motoblur; Touchwiz; which is best?

I wasn't overly impressed with touchwiz after playing with a captivate for a bit. never had a chance to check out motoblur. i'm happy with sense on my evo..is there a general consensus on which is the best, most useful? Just wondering b/c i'm bored....
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,922 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Sense is my personal favorite. Some people prefer vanilla (stock) android with launcher pro or adw. But out of all of the OEM launcher general consensus seems to be that Sense is the best overall. Touchwiz has some cool features (like the power control widgets in the notification shade) but not much else. I couldn't find anything that I liked about motoblur.

Sense hands down. Moto blur 2nd...Touchwiz a distant 3rd.

ROM
    Stock 3D, CM 7.1

1. AOSP
    2. Sense
    5. Touchwiz
    99. Motoblur

this is the HTC EVO 4G forum. my guess is that most of us think Sense is best.

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

I like AOSP the best. Although sense is definitely a close second, I like some of the features of it.
    </awesome>

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vaelpak 2.3 Ziggy Kernel

Although SenseUI has the nicest and most practical widgets I do have a few gripes about it:

1. How about a Gmail widget? I dont want to add my Gmail account as a MS exchange e-mail account just to be able to see e-mails on my home page.

2. The news widget needs improvement. If you add the widget it asks you to pick a specific feed or include all feeds. What if I want all my news feeds in 1 widget (CNN,BBC,etc) and all my techie stuff in another widget? (Ars Technica, Engadget, Android Central).

3. Choice of the function for the 3 button dock:
    phone- ya ok I can see this being used alot
    app drawer- ok this is relevant as well.
    the + button???? sigh, I'd rather longpress the home screen than waste an entire button dedicated to that. how often do people even use that thing if you know longpress does the same? Sheesh, I would have mapped that button to something more practical like pulling down the notification screen.
    HTC Evo 4G running OTA 3.70.651.5 (Rooted) with Netarchy SBC Kernel 4.2.2

TouchWiz = Visual herpes. It's absolutely terrible.. Blur isn't too far behind either. I think a blend of AOSP and Sense would be perfect. AOSP is way too bland for me but straight up Sense is just too much. A little of both would be just right.. Hence the reason I went custom rom...
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter

PS3- SpiderMonkee

Default Re: Sense; Motoblur; Touchwiz; which is best?

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    this is the HTC EVO 4G forum. my guess is that most of us think Sense is best.
    I think you're going out on a limb with that. I like aosp better.
    HTC Shooter

Stalk Me

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    TouchWiz = Visual herpes. It's absolutely terrible.. Blur isn't too far behind either. I think a blend of AOSP and Sense would be perfect. AOSP is way too bland for me but straight up Sense is just too much. A little of both would be just right.. Hence the reason I went custom rom...
    I agree. IMO, nothing beats how the sense UI for contacts.

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    Well said I find myself trying to make AOSP look like Sense. A combination would be nice.

Later,
    Dave

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing!

Stock. None of that crap for me.

I prefer Sense - I've tried other launchers, but always find myself going back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bujin View Post
    I prefer Sense - I've tried other launchers, but always find myself going back to it.
    IMO, LauncherPro or ADW are both far superior to the Sense launcher. Try them again!

I find myself switching between sense and adw. Just depends on how I feel that day and what rom I'm running.
    This post has +3 to topic derailment.

Quote Originally Posted by thegov View Post
    I wasn't overly impressed with touchwiz after playing with a captivate for a bit. never had a chance to check out motoblur. i'm happy with sense on my evo..is there a general consensus on which is the best, most useful? Just wondering b/c i'm bored....
    All personal preference really.... My first Android phone was the Nexus One so I got use to Vanilla Android.. HTC Sense is my second favorite and seems to be the popular choice for best MFG UI on a phone.....

Never used Motoblur or touchwiz outside of the phones in the store....

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

If I was picking just a straight up stock phone. Sense would be my choice by a long shot. Touchwiz sucks and looks like a quickly designed launcher to me, not to mention tries to hard to be the iPhone interface. Motoblur is just plain ugly and slow. Now if we are talking all launchers.. LauncherPro at 100 scrolling speed, and transitions at 8. Nothing can touch the speed...

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Sense......Xwhatever....

Quote Originally Posted by Tpain View Post
    IMO, LauncherPro or ADW are both far superior to the Sense launcher. Try them again!
    I was going to give a snarky reply, but then I thought I'd give it a shot, and I'm impressed by the current LauncherPro. They've fixed my biggest complaint: the People widget is great. Instead of the Sense option to set a default response or click the person's name to go to their contact info, they've incorporated the cool slider that gives you the option to call, text, email, or navigate to. I also like what they've done with the dock.

I'll probably switch back and forth between LauncherPro and Sense until I decide which I like better.
    Last edited by bujin; 09-11-2010 at 07:37 PM.

AOSP. CM6 all the way.
    HTC Evo fully Rooted using rollback to 2.1 method--->Simple Root--->Clock Work Recovery/Rom Manager

Rom:CyanogenMod-6.0.0/Kernel: 2.6.32.15-cyanogenmod shade@toxygene #1/Launcher: LauncherPro

= One Happy Goat!

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7

I personally like sense just can't stand the speed you....or the lack of the speed.

Sent from my PC36100
    I tweet too - @enzofall

ROM
    None

Sense is the most visually appealing. Blur causes the least headaches for developers. I don't have enough experience with Touch Wiz to make a fair assessment.

(what am I talking about? well, goto the market, notice how the release notes for an overwhelming number of applications say something to the effect of "updated to fix bug caused from Sense UI related phones" some devs even go as far as pleading that you stay away from them all together)
    Back to Big Red. Sprint was tooooo slow
    Click my Twitter | Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    AOSP. CM6 all the way.
    x2..
    I've been using CM6 since the first nightly. I flashed a Sense ROM today and almost cried. If I HAD to choose it would be Sense but I'm an AOSP kinda guy.

Global Posts
    304 Global Posts

AOSP only.

Cant leave my sense widgets... i like launcher pro but I like my sense widgets more...