Help! ended call and now the phone is bricked? $5 paypal reward.

joshgabel

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
$5 PAYPAL REWARD!! Help! ended call and now the phone is bricked? $5 paypal reward.

So i have been rooted since way back and have been running the new AC rom, 2.5 i believe for over three weeks.

I was on a voice call and pressed end no big deal. when i go to take it out of my pocket 10min it wouldn't turn on. I charged it for over three hours with no luck. all that will happen is:

If i pull the battery, re-insert it and hit the power button the phone will quickly vibrate and then nothing. the charge light will not illuminate unless i remove the battery and re-install.

$5 paypal reward to a working fix.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you can't even get it to boot into recovery then honestly I don't know. Maybe someone else has some ideas but it's possible the phone just went bad.

Holding those buttons down while turning the phone on should bring you to a white screen with some options on it.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If you can't even get it to boot into recovery then honestly I don't know. Maybe someone else has some ideas but it's possible the phone just went bad.

Holding those buttons down while turning the phone on should bring you to a white screen with some options on it.

He obviously knows that if he rooted.

I would run a stock ruu, and take it back to sprint.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
save your $5. If the phone won't boot then Sprint will never know it was rooted.

-if it wont boot you cant run RUU cause you neeed android to be launched so it can tell which version your running. (this means Sprint cant run RUU either)
- If you cant get to HBOOT you cant flash a PC36IMG
- If the phone wont boot, they cant find busybox and or SU (this means your safe)

Basically if you phone cant even get to HBOOT then theres no need to worry, or even try, just take it in and exchange it.

Disclaimer: I'm not in any way advocating you scam sprint. It sounds like the OP has a defective device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair