Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Default my 4G isnt working

ive had my evo since it came out. i live in dallas and have had a good 4G signal. but for some reason in the last week, it wont even come on

anyone know why this is happening, how do i fix it, i really dont want to do a hard reset.

i had this problem had to get my evo replaced... do this

take the battery out

write down the wimax adress down on a piece of paper..

turn your phone back on

make sure 4g is on (you don't have to be connected just on)

now go to menu> settings> about phone > hardware information

make sure that the wimax address and the 4g mac address are the same, if they're not the same there is nothing you can do except take your phone in to get replaced...

You dont need to have your evo replaced, just backup your phone and do a factory reset. It happen to me with my 3g, it stoped working but my wifi and 4g worked. You can get a app called my back up pro from the market and use that to back your whole phone up to your sd card. Now it will take you a good hour or 2 to depending on how much stuff is on your phone, eg. Apps, settings, and other things. After you restore the back up from your sd card you will reinstall ALL of your apps one at a time. Thats your option or you could go to sprint and have it replaced. Hope this helps.

Does it turn on and really quickly shut off? thats what mine was doing.

I update profile, prl and just did a regular rest and nothing fixed it. However for some reason before I started things like a hard reset, I just toggled airplane mode on then off. That fixed it.