Can you sign up for wireless tether for a short time and then cancel?

mrdavis55

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey... I'm going on vacation and wanna know if I can sign up for wireless tether for a few days and then cancel and get prorated for those few days????

gmoney144

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can. I did it last month. It comes out to about .75 cents a day. $30 dollars a month times 25%= 24.99(corporate discount). I used it for a couple of days. cost me 2.50 .

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
You can also use PDANet. It has a free trial for 2 weeks then $10 to buy. It doesn't do WiFi tethering though, only USB and Bluetooth. Not really a big deal because you will want to have your phone plugged in while tethering anyway or your battery will go dead very quickly.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just buy EasyTether (or PdaNet), I just use the lite version, problem solved. These require a USB connection but that is usually fine as it keeps the phone charged and is a bit faster according to some. I have not timed them.

What I use.
EasyTether Lite - Android app on AppBrain
chart

PdaNet free edition - Android app on AppBrain
chart

Both programs free versions are actually free, you just cannot use HTTPS sites after the trial period is over. You need to buy it for that. Point is it will last long enough for your trip.

batfastard

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Both programs free versions are actually free, you just cannot use HTTPS sites after the trial period is over. You need to buy it for that. Point is it will last long enough for your trip.

An interesting note: PDANet does not seem to block HTTPS access over Bluetooth tethering... even past the trial period. I had totally forgotten that HTTPS was blocked over USB because I had been using Bluetooth tethering for so long until I tried USB again the other day. The Bluetooth tethering is pretty much wide open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci