camera software

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So if we all know the actual camera is good on the evo..

Why can't someone come up with a top notch camera program?
Maybe get kodak or somone..

If software is what makes digital shine... how hard would if it's possible be to somehow
Pull the software off the epic?

If someone had the knowledge.... and i know people do. They could really create a top notch camera software app. Charge $1.00 and make a killing...

I have no clue how digital camera's work. But it seems the right software is what really
Makes them stand out more so than the mega pix count.

I know outside pics I have taken are just stunning . peint them and they are stunning. inside or low light... seems to degrade.

what do you all think?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Better software can help, but the Evo's main shortcoming seems to be the lens and sensor combination.

The 8 MP sensor was a bad idea for photos, though it probably helped sell a few extra units.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the hardware is a problem at all. The biggest problem with the stock camera app is that it over compresses the JPGs it creates. Vignette's highest mode is much better but it has it's own shortcomings.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the hardware is a problem at all. The biggest problem with the stock camera app is that it over compresses the JPGs it creates. Vignette's highest mode is much better but it has it's own shortcomings.

Vignette might be better than the stock app, but they both fall short in lower light situations, so that points to the hardware.

Even dedicated cameras with hardware photo processors can only do so much with a slow lens and a low sensitivity sensor in low light.

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Can you just point and shoot with vigenette? Just like the stock camera app.

I did search.. vigenette does seem to take better pics.. but people are saying the pic files are huge. I would just worry about space on the memory card. But at the moment looks like the best way to go for now.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Can you just point and shoot with vigenette? Just like the stock camera app.

I did search.. vigenette does seem to take better pics.. but people are saying the pic files are huge. I would just worry about space on the memory card. But at the moment looks like the best way to go for now.

You can point and shoot with Vignette. I don't use any of their effects. It does take a while between shots though if you have it in the highest quality as that makes the files big.

I guess I don't take enough pictures in the dark to be affected by low light quality. My Nikon camera is a terrible phone but it takes great pictures.

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I did it. I bought my first app. I got vigenette. I must say wow! There are alot of options you can choose from.
I have my settings as follows.
Fake hdr
8.0 mp super fine.
Deblur
Auto flash
Normal

Iike the way the pics look in fake hdr (what ever it means).

Yes it is slower but the quality.... there is a difference.

Think this is what I was looking for. I am happy now with pictures comming from the evo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad