Reception suddenly dropping?

jalba3

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Evo since the second week after launching. I had no reception issues until about 1 week ago. The issue is that it can just automatically drop signal and never get it back after switching airplane mode to on, then back to off in an intent to turn on my cell phone radio. Again this was never an issue anywhere at the house. It appears to be at random times because right now I have no signal, but yesterday at this time signal was fine.

At work and at school, the phone behave normally and like i said i had no issues with reception until a week ago and only at my house. The weird thing is that the bars go gray, and it doesn't have an X on the reception nor a triangle to claim it is trying to go into roaming. It's like if i'm in a black hole but the phone makes no intent on trying to register with the network.

Wi-Fi does work while this issue arises though. Again the phone does not act normal in my opinion. Like if I were entering a building with poor reception. It only happens at my house and I cannot think of an App that could possibly affect me in that way. I am running WatchDog Lite, and am not rooted running Sprint's 2.2 (Froyo). Should I try a factory reset? I have reported this to Sprint over the phone and they claimed to respond within 72 hours. On their map, it shows that I have good coverage.

Thank you in advanced

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If it's just at your house, I'd leave it be for a couple days. Most likely it's a network problem and not your phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech