Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default i have a situation

ok...so ill try to make this short....i have a rooted phone and the screen started to develop a white spot....so i called sprint to file a claim that i lost my phone..and the machine dude said "the quickest way to file a claim is phoneclaim.com"

so i hung up and did the claim online....i figured that my current phone would be deactivated...WRONG.... i just turned it on and i get 3g and full bars...so im guessing sprint doesnt know my phone got lost.....so now what do i do..

tmr i get my replacement evo in the mail...and a hundred dollars will be added on my bill, but when i get the replacement how is it activted.. doi call sprint and tell them to put my number on the new evo? will my old evo get a bad esn...what if i call and im like i just want to switch my number to a different evo and not mention anything about the claim...then will my old evo have a good esn?

im not really trying to scam sprint..and the only reason i filed the claim was becuse it was rooted

but id rather be stuck with my old evo with a good esn then a bad esn..thanks for the input...again if i wasnt rooted i would have just brought it in..but i was rooted so i did what i did...thanks
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm pretty sure that you're old EVO will have a bad ESN. The easiest way to check would be after you get your new EVO activated call a Sprint store and see if they can check an ESN for you. Give them your old ESN and see what they say. Even if it's bad you can still sell it on Ebay for something (even bad ESN EVO's are selling).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ill do thats thanks...anyone else has any input?

The old Evo will have a bad ESN and yes you can take your replacement to any Sprint store or activate over the phone. If you call in do not call from either of your Evo's as your conversation will be cut off when they switch the serial number. If you find the "lost" Evo your are "obligated" to return it. At least that's what you're supposed to do...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ok thanks guys!

Did somebody say "the Situation"?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TemporalBeef View Post

Nope.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Lmfaooooooo

Ahhh the price we pay for rooting.. Your ESN has been flagged, suck it up.. time to play with a new phone...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

no problem ill deal with it!!

Default Re: i have a situation

You should have just installed a stock OTA rom and then unrooted.

You filed a false insurance claim for a manufacturer's defect? Google search, you're not the only one that has that and it's not from rooting. It would have been replaced for free by Sprint under warranty as long as you unrooted it first.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by kvaughan View Post
    You filed a false insurance claim for a manufacturer's defect? Google search, you're not the only one that has that and it's not from rooting. It would have been replaced for free by Sprint under warranty as long as you unrooted it first.
    well i guess i screwd up. live and learn

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

I do believe there are methods to unroot?

all you do is flash the ruu

Amazing, you actually had to ask what to do. You knew before you asked the question, you just wanted validation. Well looks like the declining gene pool of our current society just gave it to you. Congratulations on your acceptance as a thief and a liar, bet your mom is proud.

Quote Originally Posted by TemporalBeef View Post

LMAO, I'm thinking that even this knucklehead would have researched all of his options before committing insurance fraud.