vote for your evo..

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
evo has beaten the iphone4

now .. it is now up against a family member (another sprint phone with android).
thats not true.. it is up against all Galaxy S phones including Epic... that is not fair.. but maybe it can pull it off!

Smartphone Championship: HTC EVO 4G vs Samsung Galaxy S

The EVO is loosing by a very small margin, but loosing!
Can XDA save the EVO???

ps.. sorry if this is a repost!

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
How the hell did the palm pre beat the nexus one? This championship thing is already wrong.... I like it how they match up the evo with the best phones, nokia is still in there? Really!?

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
who did the seeding? Iphone 4, evo, samsung S, droid x should have all been in seperate brackets.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
+1 Epic is a good phone. But the Galaxy line in my opinion is not better than the Evo.

How is it not?

The camera has been proven to take better pictures.
The high definition recording on the evo doesn't come close to the quality of the galaxy s.
The processor on the galaxy s devices is much more powerful than the cheap qualcomm processor that we have on evo.
The touch screen responsiveness is much, much better on the galaxy s devices.
The galaxy devices are actually able to play games without lag.
The screen technology is much more advanced and looks a lot better.

Need I go on?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
How is it not?

The camera has been proven to take better pictures.
True, but Evo's quality isn't that bad. And I think there might be a fix for the camera in the near future[/B]
The high definition recording on the evo doesn't come close to the quality of the galaxy s.
Same as still picture quality. True, but it's not terrible in decent lighting conditions and like the still picture quality, there might be a fix in the near future
The processor on the galaxy s devices is much more powerful than the cheap qualcomm processor that we have on evo.
The Hummingbird is a GREAT processor. But Qualcomm is far from cheap. It's like comparing a Mustang and a Corvette. Mustang is great and does what it does well, but it's no Corvette
The touch screen responsiveness is much, much better on the galaxy s devices.
Stock to stock yes. But with the fps removed def not, they're the same. I've personally tested it with my friends Vibrant.
The galaxy devices are actually able to play games without lag.
Again, stock to stock yes. But with the fps removed and with it slightly o/c'd it's pretty close. But then again, you shouldn't have to root to make the phone play a game as good as a stock phone.
The screen technology is much more advanced and looks a lot better.
True, the screen looks better. Wont deny that. BUT, I still prefer the 4.3 over 4.0. If the Galaxy phones were 4.3, no contest.
Need I go on?

What makes the Evo better....

Evo has a kickstand. I use it about 100 times a day. One of the most useful things about the phone. Had no idea how useful it would be until I got the phone. Epic has Touchwiz... Touchwiz is a combination of herpes, a genetic disaster between Michael Jackson and Jocelyn Wildenstein (Google her) with a splash of NYC pigeon ****. It's horrid. Touchwiz in itself is a reason enough for me to say farther away from a Galaxy phone than that monkey from Outbreak. It also feels WAY more cheap than the Evo. While the Evo may be heavier, it FEELS SOO much better and solid than the Epic. I would be scared if I had the Epic, or any Galaxy phone in my back pocket after eating some beans. It feels like a simple fart might send that phone into pieces. While I have plenty of issues with htc, Samsung has a worse track record than Congress. Samsung is too well known to not support their phones the they should. While I would HOPE that it would be different with the Galaxy line, there's no guarantee. Evo has 2.2, Epic stuck on 2.1 til who knows when. Front facing camera is better on the Evo too. I compared mine with the Epic and the Evo is def better. Especially in video calls. Then there's other stuff that I guess is personal preference. I like full touch phones. I've never been a fan of slider phones. The slider does feel good, but the keyboard is ok at best. Found myself making more mistakes and being more aggravated with the Epic keyboard than with the virtual keyboard on the Evo. There's def others but I can't think right now. It's almost 3 in the morning. I'll check back tomorrow with other stuff lol. I hope my spelling was good in this post... Too many beers.. need more..

Last edited:

machjuan#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You forgot to mention something that I believe is a huge blow to the samsung galaxy's nuts. Faulty GPS anyone? A much more important thing than gaming in my opinion, which is the galaxy's only strong point over the evo. And we all know that gaming isnt android's strong point. So whats the point?

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Its really "which fan base are more insecure about their phones that they have to vote on a meaningless bracket.

And WebOS always seems to do well go figure.