New sense?

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
I just read about the new sense UI on the desire hd and z... does anyone think we will be getting this sense update?

Sent from my PC36100

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
screw the sense update i want the damn phone!!!!!!!!! HOLY SEX thats hot, it makes the evo look and feel cheap aka plastic........

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Uhm, isn't it basically the same thing as the evo?

umm yea...... just that it happens to live in a nice aluminum case instead of plastic and it has the better cpu and it happens to have a MUCH better offerings on the graphics end of things to start off with

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
umm yea...... just that it happens to live in a nice aluminum case instead of plastic and it has the better cpu and it happens to have a MUCH better offerings on the graphics end of things to start off with

and the fact that isn't only in Europe..... Does us here in the states very little good.....

The Nexus One was my favorite phone so far... Mostly because of the aluminum case... The EVO is solid but the Nexus One felt way more expensive and solid in the hand because of that....

The Desire HD basically looks like the EVO with mild changes... Most of the major specs are similar..... And how do you know what it feels like? They just announced it and unless your in the know you have not physically held and felt it yet......

Don't matter.... Just wait.... Dual core processor phones at 1.5 ghz will be on the market by next summer making the HD and Z look old.... Such is technology, can't chase it just get what you want and enjoy....

Mdorty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

I don't know what model processor the evo has, but when I read the article on the desire hd, it said a 1ghz snapdragon, so I assumed it was the same. And I didn't notice the case was aluminum. This is the article I read: HTC launches the Desire HD: an EVO for the rest of world -- Engadget
Is there a different one with better info on the specs?

EDIT: And I would assume the GPU is the same as in the evo since they're both Qualcomm...am I wrong?

Mdorty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
and the fact that isn't only in Europe..... Does us here in the states very little good.....

The Nexus One was my favorite phone so far... Mostly because of the aluminum case... The EVO is solid but the Nexus One felt way more expensive and solid in the hand because of that....

The Desire HD basically looks like the EVO with mild changes... Most of the major specs are similar..... And how do you know what it feels like? They just announced it and unless your in the know you have not physically held and felt it yet......

Don't matter.... Just wait.... Dual core processor phones at 1.5 ghz will be on the market by next summer making the HD and Z look old.... Such is technology, can't chase it just get what you want and enjoy....

Yeah...I wanted the original Desire so bad...back then I was on AT&T, and kept hoping AT&T would get it. Glad I made the switch, otherwise I'd have a galaxy phone right now, though I probably would have rooted, and their crappy UI wouldn't have mattered - but still :)

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...I wanted the original Desire so bad...back then I was on AT&T, and kept hoping AT&T would get it. Glad I made the switch, otherwise I'd have a galaxy phone right now, though I probably would have rooted, and their crappy UI wouldn't have mattered - but still :)

I loved the Nexus One but I hated T-Mobile's overall network.... Sprints overall network makes AT&T and T-Mobile look like $ HIT!!!! I live in Nashville, TN and as long as I stayed inside the Nashville Metro area the phone and T-Mobile network is awesome... Very fast.... But drive 10 miles outside of the city to the North, East or West and your DEAD ROAMING!!! So I gave it up for the EVO!!! Glad I did.. Phone is pretty awesome but the network is even better.. In March Sprint said they were going to Carry the Nexus One and I got all worked up... Then they dropped it for the EVO...

If I had the choice of either phone on Sprint I probably would go with the Nexus One.... 4G isn't that big a deal for me.... It's okay and nice if you just have to have it..... But the EVO is a big phone... The N1 was super thin, very light weight and the screen was much better.... I would rather have the better quality 3.7 inch screen vs the 4.3 lower quality screen.. (and before any one jumps on me about that I do think the EVO screen is just fine.. Nothing wrong with it.. I love my EVO and the larger screen is very nice... I just found the quality of the N1 screen better than the size of the EVO... Personal preference that is all ;) )

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what model processor the evo has, but when I read the article on the desire hd, it said a 1ghz snapdragon, so I assumed it was the same. And I didn't notice the case was aluminum. This is the article I read: HTC launches the Desire HD: an EVO for the rest of world -- Engadget
Is there a different one with better info on the specs?

EDIT: And I would assume the GPU is the same as in the evo since they're both Qualcomm...am I wrong?

No the Desire HD has the MSM8255 which has the Adreno 205 and is 45nm, while the Evo is the QSD8650 with the Adreno 200 and it's 65nm. The Desire has the better processor and more ram.