How do I connect EVO to play thru my car's sound system?

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Get an FM transmitter, such as this...
Amazon.com: iriver AFT 100 Mobile FM Transmitter: $49.97
411EP99K68L.jpg

Or upgrade your car's stereo deck with one that has an AUX input, such as this...
Best Buy: Pioneer DEH-1300MP - 50W x 4 MOSFET In-Dash CD Deck with MP3 Playback: $69.99
1149632_sa.jpg

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Seems like HTC SCREWED UP BIG TIME AND SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A PAGE FROM APPLES PRODUCT

THIS is wAY TOO COMPLICATED IN ORDR TO LISTEN TO A FEW TUNES IN MY CAR

I disagree entirely with your statement; I could argue that Apple screwed up big time by using a proprietary connector, and I would also be wrong. They are different products, you need to look for a solution that works with the product you own. Maybe in the end, your best option is to go with an Apple product.

Have you considered going to a shop and inquire about adding an auxiliary stereo jack to your sound system? in some models is possible.

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
It is only complicated if you try to use a solution that does not work :)

If you don't have an AUX and you don't have Bluetooth and you don't want to use an FM transmitter take your car to a good electronics shop and have them 'fix' it for you!

Seems like HTC SCREWED UP BIG TIME AND SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A PAGE FROM APPLES PRODUCT

THIS is wAY TOO COMPLICATED IN ORDR TO LISTEN TO A FEW TUNES IN MY CAR

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am currently using my phone thru my car stereo to listen to music. I bought a male to male plug in from radio shack. I think it was 8.99 for 6 feet took about 2 minutes to connect to the back of my stereo and then routed through my dash and up and behind the pillar and then to my phone.

Works great and YES...the headphone icon is displayed on the phone.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
If your car has FM just get a Motorola T-505 cost $85 from the Android Central store its portable so it works with any FM sterio. Plus its a portable speaker you can use for many other reasons.

Later,
Dave

dpg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
it might work if you choose your option to use as disk drive instead of charge only. also you never mentioned what car you had