How do I connect EVO to play thru my car's sound system?

huduvudu

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought a car holder that holds the evi and charges it and has a built in fm transmitter.

Sent from my HTC EVO-4G using Tapatalk

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
As others have said, there are several ways you can do this.

1. Aux cable is probably the best way if your head unit has an aux input. This is basically just a cable with a headphone plug at both ends. You can get them anywhere that sells electronics for about 5 bucks or less.

2. Bluetooth is the cleanest way since it is wireless, but you need to have a head unit that supports A2DP.

3. Cassette adapter. Cheap and easy if your head unit has a cassette player. These have been around since the days when everyone had those portable CD players.

4. FM transmitter. These can be a little expensive for one that works halfway decent (around $50) but your only option if none of the above options will work for you.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
You shouldn't be getting any sound out of the phone if you have the aux cable plugged in. Do you get the little headphone icon in your notification bar when it's plugged in?

Bmilano3161

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
No headset icon
It worked with my itouch

Using usb cable that camwe with thre phone. One end into phone other into the cars usb port

Am i missing a step, need to hit a certain setting or download an app?

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You can't do that. We're not talking USB cable, we're talking the headphone jack. If your car stereo has an aux-in headphone jack, you want to use a cable and connect it that way. The only reason it worked with the iPod Touch is because they have special programming in the stereo for them.

Bmilano3161

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Seems like HTC SCREWED UP BIG TIME AND SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A PAGE FROM APPLES PRODUCT

THIS is wAY TOO COMPLICATED IN ORDR TO LISTEN TO A FEW TUNES IN MY CAR

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Seems like HTC SCREWED UP BIG TIME AND SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A PAGE FROM APPLES PRODUCT

HTC didn't screw up at all. I'm sure they would love to make it work just like an iPod/iPhone but they can't because Apple has a patent on it.

It's not complicated at all. You just need to look at the options and see which one works for you.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Blame Apple/Your Car Stereo. It's a special iPod-only interface, there's no way HTC could do it even if they wanted to.

There are cars that have better integration, like Ford's SYNC system. But for car stereos that only have iPod support, well, guess what? They mean it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel