Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I connect EVO to play thru my car's sound system?

How do I connect EVO to play thru my car's sound system?

Default Re: How do I connect EVO to play thru my car's sound system?

Aux cable. Your car needs the input though.

Sent from my Precious using Tapatalk

Default Re: How do I connect EVO to play thru my car's sound system?

I bought a car holder that holds the evi and charges it and has a built in fm transmitter.

Sent from my HTC EVO-4G using Tapatalk

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

It also plays through a Bluetooth radio.

Bluetooth....easiest and cleanest way to do it.......
    Anything that bleeds for a week and lives is pure evil

Masshole!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by c1971ace View Post
    Bluetooth....easiest and cleanest way to do it.......
    Not exactly high fidelity though (in fact it usually sounds pretty terrible). AUX is the way to go if you have it.

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

As others have said, there are several ways you can do this.

1. Aux cable is probably the best way if your head unit has an aux input. This is basically just a cable with a headphone plug at both ends. You can get them anywhere that sells electronics for about 5 bucks or less.

2. Bluetooth is the cleanest way since it is wireless, but you need to have a head unit that supports A2DP.

3. Cassette adapter. Cheap and easy if your head unit has a cassette player. These have been around since the days when everyone had those portable CD players.

4. FM transmitter. These can be a little expensive for one that works halfway decent (around $50) but your only option if none of the above options will work for you.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I have the aux cable but when i connect it it only plays thru the EVO and not tnru my car speakers

Did you put your stereo on Aux? My car has one button that flips from CD/Radio and AUX.

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

You shouldn't be getting any sound out of the phone if you have the aux cable plugged in. Do you get the little headphone icon in your notification bar when it's plugged in?

Mine plays & sounds good over Bluetooth, cuts the music when call comes in & uses car speakers to hear the phone call.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

No headset icon
    It worked with my itouch

Using usb cable that camwe with thre phone. One end into phone other into the cars usb port

Am i missing a step, need to hit a certain setting or download an app?

You can't do that. We're not talking USB cable, we're talking the headphone jack. If your car stereo has an aux-in headphone jack, you want to use a cable and connect it that way. The only reason it worked with the iPod Touch is because they have special programming in the stereo for them.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

No headphone jack in car

Any other suggestions?

ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by slider9499 View Post
    No headphone jack in car

Any other suggestions?
    Other suggestions have already been provided on page 1, you just need to read and try them.

I have a cassette adapter since I have a tape player but no aux input. It works just fine...
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Seems like HTC SCREWED UP BIG TIME AND SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A PAGE FROM APPLES PRODUCT

THIS is wAY TOO COMPLICATED IN ORDR TO LISTEN TO A FEW TUNES IN MY CAR

Seems like HTC SCREWED UP BIG TIME AND SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A PAGE FROM APPLES PRODUCT

It's not even vaguely complicated. You just don't want to try the options given to you.

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

HTC didn't screw up at all. I'm sure they would love to make it work just like an iPod/iPhone but they can't because Apple has a patent on it.

It's not complicated at all. You just need to look at the options and see which one works for you.

Blame Apple/Your Car Stereo. It's a special iPod-only interface, there's no way HTC could do it even if they wanted to.

There are cars that have better integration, like Ford's SYNC system. But for car stereos that only have iPod support, well, guess what? They mean it.

Get an FM transmitter, such as this...
    Amazon.com: iriver AFT 100 Mobile FM Transmitter: $49.97

Or upgrade your car's stereo deck with one that has an AUX input, such as this...

ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

I disagree entirely with your statement; I could argue that Apple screwed up big time by using a proprietary connector, and I would also be wrong. They are different products, you need to look for a solution that works with the product you own. Maybe in the end, your best option is to go with an Apple product.

Have you considered going to a shop and inquire about adding an auxiliary stereo jack to your sound system? in some models is possible.

It is only complicated if you try to use a solution that does not work

If you don't have an AUX and you don't have Bluetooth and you don't want to use an FM transmitter take your car to a good electronics shop and have them 'fix' it for you!

Banned

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

I am currently using my phone thru my car stereo to listen to music. I bought a male to male plug in from radio shack. I think it was 8.99 for 6 feet took about 2 minutes to connect to the back of my stereo and then routed through my dash and up and behind the pillar and then to my phone.

Works great and YES...the headphone icon is displayed on the phone.

How do I connect EVO to play thru my car's sound system?
    What kind of car or truck do you have? Make and model please. if you have a factory radio on something fairly new chances are you can get the hardware for a aux input to your factory radio.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast